Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC, Construction Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Wood is seeking expressions of interest for Modularisation Specialists to support and manage EPC projects with modular requirements. The Singapore office is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
- RESPONSIBILITIES FOR PROJECT ACTIVITIES:
- Proactive Engineering interface on a project between the Wood engineering team and Client.
- Overall responsibility for the timely delivery of engineering work which is compliant with the requirements of the contract.
- Maintain effective communication with all relevant parties including Lead Engineers, Client, Department Management, Project Manager, Process Manager, Project Controls Manager, Construction Manager and Procurement Manager.
- Be fully familiar with the requirements of all documents that make up the contract including general conditions of contract, scope of work, specifications and standards etc., and require Lead Engineers to make themselves familiar with same.
- Determine and implement the Package Management Strategy for the project.
- Liaise with Project Control and Lead Engineers to ensure the development of an achievable detailed schedule for all Engineering activities consistent with the overall project modularisation strategy. Effectively manage work activities against schedule, and agree remedial action where necessary with the Lead Discipline Engineers.
- Know and understand schedule milestones. Understand what engineering must contribute to successfully achieve milestones.
- Understand constructability issues and ensure these are reflected in the design.
- Properly allocate the preparation of miscellaneous documents (e.g. construction contract requisitions, miscellaneous material requisitions) to the appropriate specialist group in accordance with guidelines provided by the Manager - Project Engineering and the Manager - Discipline Engineering.
- HEALTH, SAFETY, SECURITY AND ENVIRONMENT (HSSE):
- Understands all construction HSSE requirements and principles of Chemical, Petrochemical, Oil and Gas industrial projects.
- Ability to always put HSSE first in all aspects of work
- HSSE leader
- MANAGEMENT ABILITIES:
- Able to develop Modularisation presentations and lead discussions, reviews, workshops with Clients or potential prospects.
- Understand project and client requirements and objectives and consider those in developing the works.
- Self-driven and ability to lead own works and coordinate with all functions in the project to ensure multidisciplinary comments are considered in works
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability
- Committed to work and all adopt company policies and procedures
- Flexible and adapting in nature to external demands and team dynamics
- Lead reviews such as modularisation workshops, lessons learnt for modularisation, constructability reviews.
- Active participation in all project reviews such as schedule, model reviews, procurement and contracting strategies
- Knowledge of engineering and construction processes associated with modular execution
- Multi-discipline exposure, specifically to plant layout, structural configurations.
- Conversant with reading/understanding key project documents such as PFD, Equipment List, Line List, Plot Plans, plant layout, steel GA's, etc.
- Develop module feasibility studies considering factors such as schedule, labour availability costs, safety, regulatory, site access, local content, project objectives, transportation and lifting requirements, supplier capability, jetty and berthing facility, identification of long leads, route and site survey.
- Develop module index and module data sheets.
- Knowledge of using parametric method of bulks calculation for modules during feasibility stage
- Skill of hands on experience with smart tools such as AutoCAD, Smart Plant Review
- Computer skills such as Microsoft office
- Development of module equipment lists
- Definition of module design parameters
- Input to module stability and weight estimates
- Space allocation
- Foundation requirement definitions
- SUBCONTRACT REQUISITION:
- Develop technical section of Module Fabrication Subcontract requisition.
- Review Module Fabrication bids and carry out Technical Bid Evaluation.
- Point of contact for post Contract Award and technical queries
- Assist to optimise design with engineering to enable construction efficiency
- Develop module installation sequence with planning function
- Knowledge of lifting and installation methods. Heavy lifts and heavy haul understanding and constraints.
- Conversant with equipment packages and their skid/modular approach
- Knowledge of defining pre-dressing, pre-cast requirements
- Conversant with requirements/ design of construction laydown areas
- Ability to work in home office engineering and module yards and be accountable as Modularisation Specialist between yard and home office
- Practical field exposure to enable application of knowledge in design
- Understand transport and installation criteria and limitations
- Optimisation of design for economic benefit to the execution
Skills / Qualifications
- 10 - 15 years relevant modular experience
- Engineering degree or diploma.
- EPC or Client Experience
- FEED and EPCm track record
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.