Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Graduate Instrumentation & Controls Engineer to join our team in Perth Western Australia.
Wood "Operations" delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation and technical services to the Oil & Gas industry. Wood enjoys long-term partnerships with some of the region's most prominent Oil & Gas and LNG producers with operations in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Reporting directly to the Regional Lead Instrument Engineer and working across FEED / Execution to EPCM delivery, responsibilities may include - but are not limited to:
- Functional Control Description & Process Control Table Development
- Review process data and develop control strategies
- Vendor data review
- HAZOP review and closeouts
- Participation in Functional Acceptance Testing
- Communication the Control System Execution strategy with stakeholders
- I/O assignment
- Safety in Design reviews
- PCS Alarm rationalization
- Instrument termination review
- 3rd party system review such as CCTV / PA systems
- Produce designs in accordance with project, discipline, statutory regulations, good practice and
- company procedural requirements.
- Produce project technical and equipment specifications, and contract scopes of work.
- Evaluation of tenders and make recommendations.
- Estimate, control and review design scope changes.
- Review vendor workshop test documentation for the recording of vendor works testing on control
Skills / Qualifications
To be successfully shortlisted, you will have a recognised tertiary degree with Australian experience. You will have previously worked at an engineer consultancy and have a excellent track record of delivering design work. In addition, you will also have:
- About three years of control systems and instrumentation experience
- Good organisational, time management and estimating skills.
- Good technical engineering skills and the ability to apply these skills to the presented problems within the bounds of codified requirements and good engineering practice.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Qualified experience in the following:
- Control systems
- Communications Systems
- Instrumentation systems
- Conversant with Australian and International standards and regulatory authority requirements
At the forefront of some of the world's most technically challenging brownfields Oil & Gas projects for the Instrument Engineering group, you will join likeminded, agile industry peers who are highly qualified and recognised industry innovators to create new possibilities.
Please note, only those with valid working rights in Australia and are currently based in Perth, WA will be shortlisted.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.