Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Assist Operations Lead with the planning, direction, and coordination of the operations of the Subsea Robotics activities as related to equipment and personnel required to support the overall area operations. Ensures the support, maintenance, planning, mobilization and demobilization activities are efficiently and effectively directed and supported.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees and directs equipment preparation and maintenance to include complex systems such as Remotely Operated Vehicles, Workover Systems, all subsea tooling, and support equipment as required.
- Direct or assist in directing personnel assignments in support of offshore operations and equipment preparation and onshore maintenance.
- Ensure all offshore personnel training, regulatory compliance and competency goals are set and attained.
- Work with Operations Lead and Project Managers in crew evaluations, crew assignment and improvement opportunities.
- Work to achieve and assist in reporting KPIs as defined by Service Excellence Lead.
- Assist Technical Support Lead, Product Manager and Commercial Manager as required in equipment selection, asset readiness profiles, cost for preparation estimates and other inputs required in the support of area projects/installations.
- Work across business lines to share information with the goal of increasing operational excellence.
- Participates in all HSE, Quality and Operational Excellence initiatives.
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities .
- As directed by Operations Lead, ensures readiness status of all equipment in location of responsibility
- Assist Operations Lead in the readiness and competency of all offshore and onshore technicians
- Repair and Maintenance cost of equipment as assigned by Operations Lead.
- All processes changes or implementation is completed and maintained across area of given responsibility.
- As required, discuss with Local Operations Lead the readiness of equipment to support upcoming requirements and ongoing projects.
- As required, discuss with Project Managers the crew selection, preparedness, and overall competency performance.
- As required, discuss local technical and engineering support, any new or ongoing support requirements.
- Daily interaction with Global Mobility.
Qualifications (Requires Regional Variance)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, or Management preferred.
- Relevant Oilfield experience to include at least three (3) years of Administrative, Office or Operations Management experience; or, any combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect .
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences .
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required .
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.