Partner with the best
As an Electronics Software Engineering apprentice you'll be exposed to systems, software, electrical and mechanical work, learning the tools, skills and processes required in the development of the subsea product range. You'll learn from a range of mentors and will contribute to real projects, mixing academic learning with real life work experience along the way!As an Electronics Software Engineering apprentice - you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Complete a 5-year Apprenticeship degree course to BEng level in Engineering Design and Manufacture.- This will begin with 3 years at college and a further 2 years at University. You will be working on site at Baker Hughes with one day release to attend college/university.
- Establish an overall task list for the Project activities to ensure all necessary design deliverables are identified to satisfy the contractual and third-party requirements for the work.
- Interpreting the engineering requirements, assessing the factors that will affect the outcome of the designs and finally defining the dimensions and tolerances required to meet fit, form and function.
- Establishing a robust planning and organization process with clear understanding of the schedule and prioritisation for the assigned design duties and activities.
- Where appropriate he/she will establish remedial action procedures/ plans when progress falls below plan.
- Generate mechanical designs from the interpretation of design specifications and verifying against current manufacturing and assembly practices. attention to tolerance studies and verifying fit, form and function at max, nom and min conditions.
- Modify and create 3D models and drawings to manufacturing standards, using company protocols and parametric practices.
- Create detail, fabrication and assembly level drawings to relevant industry standards and format.
- Create the layout, detail and assembly of designs to highlight safety /environmental and or structural issues to satisfy the HSE requirements for offshore developments.
- Take action when necessary to mitigate those risks to people, plant and the environment as a consequence of the design/engineering activities.
- Ensure lessons learned are well communicated and reflected in the design activities.
- Learn and understand software development and use the tools provided to create products for customer projects
- Support the electrical team to learn the methods and products involved in the subsea system
- Ensure that wherever possible lessons learnt from prior experience are continually assessed and implemented into the works through the improvement loop and project lessons learned meetings.
- Where opportunities exist for improving the outcome either through, risk reduction, cost reduction and or performance improvement the lessons learned should be assessed and if appropriate implemented into the works or future specifications for the work.
- Lessons learnt should be communicated to peer Designer/Engineers at all time.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we™re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we™re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire yoAbout Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.