Skills: Materials Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wood is currently recruiting for a Materials Management Specialist with experience in the oil and gas, petrochemical and mining industry. The successful candidate will work closely with the Maintenance and supply chain teams. The Materials Management Specialist is responsible for coordination with the client, vendors, maintenance, supply chain and procurement teams to ensure all deliverables are met on time and in budget.
- Work with suppliers to generate client SPIRs, RSPL, and SPLs per client specifications
- Interface with project teams to review spare parts data
- Demonstrate expertise in meeting client expectations
- Manage spare parts work scope
- Understand supply chain processes and contracts
- Proficient with material data standardization, cataloguing and integration with client CMMS
- Proficient with developing Bill of Material Assemblies within client's ERP system
- Deep understanding of inventory assessments and optimization
- Work with the client to set inventory min/max stock levels
- Perform spare parts and maintenance inventory KPIs
- Engage with client ERP software teams to provide data deliverables
- Review client spare parts philosophies/methodologies to implement during the spare parts processes.
- Coordinate between suppliers, maintenance management and client expectations.
- Experience reading engineering documents like P&IDs, SPIRs, BOMs, data sheets and General arrangement drawings.
- Review pertinent project procedures
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with enterprise software and an understanding of standard work processes.
- Experience with contracts and service agreements
- Experience in a dynamic, high-growth, rapidly changing organization
- Previous experience in a Greenfield or Brownfield project role highly regarded
- 4 year degree in an engineering discipline - or equivalent industry experience, emphasis on maintenance and supply chain activities
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and manage well at all levels
- Ability to multi task and meet tight deadlines
- A working knowledge of the oil and gas industry with experience in upstream, midstream or downstream/LNG/petrochemical operations
- Proficient with Microsoft Applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience with contacting suppliers a plus.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Must be an independent worker
- SAP experience is a plus
- Expert with Microsoft Excel
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.