Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Community Relations Advisor for a 3-month contract in Calgary, AB. Core Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with Public Awareness and Community Investment teams and provide Community Relations support in managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand and uphold internal policies and processes such as our client's Stakeholder Engagement Commitment Statement and Corporate Community Investment Program.
- Understand stakeholder engagement requirements and contribute to the development of responses to meet those requirements.
- Makes decisions using established guidelines, procedures and/or policies, within level of accountability.
- Applies strong knowledge of applicable federal and provincial/state laws, regulations and practices.
- Act as first point of contact, internally and externally, to respond to requests for information;
- Support the development and implementation of project Community Investment strategies in accordance with policies and procedures and Corporate Community Investment Program;
- Liaise with the project and community relations team to anticipate and understand stakeholder engagement requirements and ensure that they are met efficiently and effectively within appropriate regulatory timelines;
- Assist in developing and implementing strategic stakeholder engagement approaches;
- Represent the company and the project team with external stakeholders (e.g. Communities, municipalities and counties) as appropriate;
- Enter Stakeholder engagement logs into StakeTracker and monitor stakeholder issues to ensure follow-up and closure;
- Review and update Staketracker logs in preparation for filing regulatory applications;
- Manage the delivery of project specific information packages and project updates to stakeholders for community relations team or as agreed upon by the CS&E Team;
- Assist in the development of decision summaries as it relates to community relations activities;
- Develop and implement event plans as required
- Support the development of project communication materials including fact sheets, brochures, display materials, newsletters, etc.;
- Research and identify new community relations/stakeholder engagement opportunities in existing and new geographical areas in support of the strategic plan
- May validate and analyze suggested approaches to medium complexity issues from junior level coordinators Community Investment:
- Participate in the implementation of the community investment strategy at the national, regional and local levels;
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of community requests in accordance with the community investment program strategy, policies and procedures. This process is undertaken in consultation with interested and impacted business units;
- Conduct research on grant requests, negotiate recognition opportunities, and make recommendations that support and enhance our client's reputation, growth strategy and commitment to communities;
- Identify, recommend and develop community investment partnerships with non-profit and charitable organizations;
- Coordinate the delivery of special events and campaigns associated with corporate partnerships;
- Participate in the measurement and evaluation of the CI program;
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.