Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
The graduate engineer will be expected to observe, learn and contribute to engineering activities listed below relating to the design of subsea production systems, services and offshore equipment meeting relevant company and engineering standards defined below. The graduate engineer is also expected to attain chartered engineering status in accordance with the accredited monitored professional development scheme applicable to discipline e.g IMechE. The graduate engineer shall work under close guidance of senior engineers and mentors with rotations through discrete product groups, disciplines & business functions to acquire required breadth of knowledge.
Partner with the best
Within front end phases of projects, systems engineering denotes a holistic view of an oil and gas development where a 'systematic' approach to the development is employed. This requires a robust understanding of project value drivers, key technical challenges and overarching parameters including reservoir performance and subsurface profiling, flow assurance boundary conditions and system operability, environmental conditions, constructability, design life and intervention requirements, and abandonment and decommissioning frameworks. This enables a cohesive 'end-to-end' approach to planning, developing, and executing projects as well as increasing hit rate on tenders at execution.
As a Graduate Engineer - (Systems and Front End), you will:
- Enrol and complete an accredited monitored professional development scheme for engineering chartership.
- Create work packs for delegation, review detail drawings, create design procedures and lead small teams.
- Create layouts, specify functional components, evaluate system viability, support design reviews, undertake basic calculations.
- Interpret customer engineering specifications to produce layouts, system designs and specifications.
- Develop conceptual design requirements and layouts on systems and product levels following company design process management (DPM) protocols.
- Develop general design specifications for interpretation by other engineers and designers.
- Participate and create material for design reviews including materials and environmental reviews using relevant software to prepare general drawings.
- Design automation - help automate design methods using software coding and scripting for process optimization.
- Identify improvements in existing products, procedures and processes and develop cost effective solutions to satisfy specifications
- Create Bill of Materials (BOM) in documentation system, for approval by Engineers.
- Project engineering and lead role for system layout and definition from concept definition phase to FEED, detail engineering and execution phases of a subsea project
- Supporting the study manager with technical interface, change control, technical variations, and general delivery of the scope.
- Interpret basic pressure vessel, structural, and mechanical engineering calculations for design layout purposes.
- Ensure all design activities and documents are correctly archived in electronic document management system.
- Understand and apply design for manufacture principles for fabrication, installation and operational needs to ensure designs are suitable for project lifecycle.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college with either Mechanical / structural/ chemical background
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we™re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we™re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire yo
*This position can be based in the following locations*
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.