Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Structural Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting a Senior Civil / Structural Engineer to join our Sustainable Infrastructure engineering team. As a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy Wood Plc work throughout the UK and overseas within a wide range of sectors including Property, Defence, Water, Waste and Energy.
The position will provide an interesting and varied workload drawing upon your technical, organisational and communication skills and will require a methodical approach to design, plan and manage projects. As a consultancy our main asset is our people and so it is essential that you have excellent verbal and written communication skills to maximize both internal and external work opportunities.
Typical duties shall include carrying out feasibility studies, option studies, infrastructure assessments, design calculations, earthworks modelling, drainage assessments, road design and assistance with the general delivery of projects. Specific experience of all or some of the following is desirable:
- Drafting of Contact documentation
- Volumetric Assessment and use of CESMM for writing Bills of Quantities.
- Structural design of elements particularly steel and concrete (reinforcement design)
- Drainage design for Private and Adoptable Systems
- Design modelling Using Civil 3D / Revit structure
- General Detailed Drawing using AutoCAD or equivalent
- Undertaking Statutory Authority Searches & Liaison
- Risk Assessments
- Safety Audits
- Project Design Management
- Construction Stage Site Queries
- Site Based Quality Inspections
Skills / Qualifications
- MEng/BEng in Civil Engineering or other relevant degree level qualification
- Demonstrable relevant experience
- Working towards Chartership of a relevant organisation such as ICE/ IStructE
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.