Skills: Civil Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Wood is looking for a Principal Civil Engineer to work on the delivery of drainage strategies and designs for a range of exciting infrastructure projects. You will work alongside our existing Civil Engineers and water management specialists to create, develop and detail innovative, functional and cost-effective engineering solutions.
We are looking for individuals that have a strong base of technical skills coupled with excellent organisational and communication skills gained in either a multi-disciplinary or engineering consultancy environment who now want to enhance and diversify these skills within a growing organisation that will support their future development.
This position will provide an excellent opportunity to work on an exciting portfolio of infrastructure projects across a diverse range of sectors.
The role comprises:
- Delivery of engineering services/projects to other sectors, including waste, water, utilities and industrial
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior members of the design team
- Ensure all deliverables produced by the team follow quality and technical assurance procedures
- Comply with Wood's HS&E, quality, financial, risk management, business and policy requirements.
The role could be based in any of our UK offices but Bristol, Leamington Spa, Birmingham or Knutsford would be preferred. We also offer flexible hybrid working (office and remote) working. As part of your package, we offer the following benefits:
- Generous pension package
- Company car or car allowance
- Voluntary Flexible Benefits Scheme (dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, technology benefits, just to name a few!)
- Access to Season Ticket Loan Scheme for travel in and around your base office location.
Skills / Qualifications
Experience and Skills:
- You will have demonstrable drainage engineering experience and specific experience of all or some of the following fields:
- Drainage pipe network design,
- SuDS design,
- Highways drainage,
- flood alleviation schemes,
- flood risk assessment,
- EIA, and
- water resources management.
- Experienced user of MicroDrainage, and/or Civil 3D
- Have worked within a multi-disciplinary or engineering consultancy
- 5 years + consultancy experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable technical review/assurance skills
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent)
- Graduate Member of a relevant professional body such as ICE, CIWEM
- Chartered Engineer with relevant professional body is desirable
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.