Skills: Materials Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Redcar, England, United Kingdom
Material Controller - Process & Energy, Teesside
Wood Process and Energy are seeking a Materials Controller to work on the Hydrothermal Upgrading Facility Project in Teesside on a fixed term basis, ideally for 12 months. The appointed will w ork closely with the project team to control effectively and efficiently, the requisitioning leading to the timely receipt of all materials, plant, equipment, and consumables to support the delivery teams on site and project objectives.
The Material Controller will Maintain excellent levels of communication throughout the team and the wider business.
This opportunity will ensure a dministering of material control via the company electronic system (AMUSE) for plant, equipment and materials in accordance with company processes and procedures, from placement of requisition, through to delivery, goods receipt and purchase order close out, in close liaison with the Project Buyer.
- Ensure all requirements are achieved in accordance with Wood processes, procedures, internal governance and controls.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders to achieve the timely delivery, receipt and control of all project requirements.
- Undertake any other duties as and when necessary, to meet the varying demands of the business.
- Responsible for all project material control activities to support execution of project schedules.
- R esolving invoice queries, i nventory management and reconciliation.
- Satisfy customer needs, c o-ordination of Warehouse, Shipping and Logistics activities.
- Building/maintaining of electronic filing and database registers required to support the project and site management process.
- Promote company values and standards and exhibit appropriate behaviour in accordance with Company ethos.
- D emonstrate safety, integrity and commitment at all times.
- Assist with plant, vehicle and equipment on/off hire, damage, loss, theft, over or shortage reporting.
- Ensure all databases are updated, materials are receipted, bagged, tagged and issued in accordance.
- Assist with non-conformance, scrap and waste management as required.
- Ensure c ompany policies, procedures and in compliance with all HSSE and any legislative requirements.
- Work within established Company policies and procedures.
- E nsure execution of the Materials Management Strategy throughout the duration of the scope of work.
Skills / Qualifications
The Materials Controller will have varied and detailed work experience in a similar industry which would allow understanding of and exposure to key material control and logistics concepts and principles.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrable experience in materials and ability to demonstrate the results.
- Experience with Material Management Systems, ideally AMUSE.
- IOSH Managing Environmental Responsibilities.
- Competent in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of tools.
You will have the ability to:
- Pro-actively seek to improve processes, efficiencies in order to maximise added value.
- Work under pressure to meet deadlines and independently to meet project / role objectives.
- Coordinate activities and be able to prioritise workload efficiently.
- Maintain excellent levels of communication throughout the team and the wider business.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.