Do you have the passion for a senior role in Systems Engineering?Would you like the opportunity to develop your career with a global energy company?Join our Turbomachinery Team!
Baker Hughes Turbomachinery Process Solutions (TPS) Plant and Module Technology typical applications consist of Gas Compression and Liquefaction plants, single lift modules for Turbogenerator or Turbo/Moto Compressor packages, Combined Cycle and ORegen™ Power Generation plants as well as low carbon solutions.Partner with the best
The System Engineer for Energy Transition Technologies will execute New Product Development programs; you will lead the NPD execution in close collaboration with the program manager and the technology leader while driving quality, plant total cost and plant standard configuration.
As a System Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Defining and coordinating Engineering resources and activities while monitoring progress of design
- Managing the technical aspects of potential interaction with external resources or third parties (like Universities, Research institutes) and defining related areas of support or collaboration as deemed favorable to improve or accelerate the NPD
- Flows down product requirements and identifies system and subsystem requirements
- Ensuring the PD process is followed including any required technical reviews such as design reviews, risk reviews, manufacturability reviews, supply chain reviews, etc. from conceptual to a fully industrialized product
- Ensuring the design meets product objectives within project budget and time schedule
- Reports on program status and risk at regular intervals
- Ensuring technical regulations are met with design
- Is accountable for product verification and validation, develops test plans, and conducts component/product tests to substantiate achievement of product requirements
- Conducts FMEA, Product risk assessments and develops risk abatement plans
- Documents analytical and test results in appropriate data storage systems
- Supports procurement of components and assemblies with Manufacturing and Sourcing
- Interacts with the Technology Leader to transfer gained knowledge from the NPD into the OTR execution and ITO support
- Supports the Technology Leader in technology investment assessments and due diligence
- Defines the standard product configuration and serviceability
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a Master's degree in Chemical or Process Engineering and proven experience in process engineering. Beneficial are experience in the area of Geothermal, head integration, hydrogen production or thermal energy storage
- Demonstrate deep technical leadership experience, with a solid business acumen and customer mindset.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and proven success in working across the business functions and global teams.
- Show deep technical expertise, with process engineering background and preferably carbon capture technology experience.
- Have experience with a focus on managing technical programs, designing and developing new products applying Lean Principles, and management methodologies.
- Be able to identify goals or objectives, develop plans and strategies and show the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Have a EU work permit
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.