Skills: Workover or Completion
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Wood is currently requesting expressions of interest for a Senior Commissioning and Completions Engineer This postion is based in Abu Dhabi office and possible trips to Bahrain.
- Demonstrates personal HSE leadership and behaviours at all times. Performs as a safety leader through all work and activities, setting and exhibiting the highest standards
- Supports Fabrication Site Leader to oversee contractor's pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures and plans
- Ensures that commissioning plans are adequate to comply with the overall project strategy to maximize pre-commissioning and commissioning activities in the fabrication yard
- Ensures that all check sheets are correctly populated and in PetroPCS, and Ready for Load Out status achieved
- Validate System Completion Plans meet the intent of project specifications
- Provides day to day leadership to commissioning team to ensure that all tests and work practices related to energize testing, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities are being executed safely
- Depending on Contractor's execution plans, may also be responsible for multiple fabrication yards in a close geographic area
- Reviews and approves contractor's detailed method statements, procedures, and plans for execution of systems completions activities
- Identifies and raises systems completions issues at an early state to ensure that problems can be rectified early with little or no impact on overall project execution schedule
- Participates in construction, pre-commissioning, and pre-load out walk downs and punch listing
- Ensures that pre-commissioning and commissioning tests and checks are properly witnessed by company personnel and any deficiencies found identified and corrected. Is accountable for pre-commissioning and commissioning test approvals or rejections
- Supports preservation activities following completion of pre-commissioning and commissioning to ensure that modules are adequately preserved prior to load out
- Elevates commissioning issues to Commissioning Manager when necessary
- Works project through to Handover, including supporting all offshore commissioning activities
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience, preferably with packaged buildings, 5 years of this should be process piping, valves, rotating, static equipment's and associated mechanical systems and components. While not required, HVAC experience is a plus.
- Must have working knowledge in industrial construction/commissioning including a familiarity with systems completion processes including leak testing & hydro testing
- Mechanical Engineering degree preferred but not mandatory if experience requirements are met
- Must have good command of English language communications skills, both written and verbal
- Must be willing to work extended hours when required and be willing to follow the project to offshore sites
- Must have a working knowledge of at least one type of systems completion database
- Must be qualified to obtain CICPA and a UAE work visa
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.