Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lysekil, Västra Götaland County, Sweden
Wood is currently recruiting for a Site QC Manager with extensive experience in the oil and gas or petrochemical industry to work on a Fixed term contract at site on our refinery project in Sweden. The project consists of revamping the existing unit including other necessary modifications to produce diesel out of a mixture of renewables.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in developing and implementing Site Quality Plans and audit schedules, whilst managing assigned quality control staff to ensure the contractors' deliverables are completed to the agreed standards.
- Develop and implement the Site Quality Plan, and ITP's
- Assign and authorise competent site staff to inspect and monitor the quality of work in accordance with the Site Quality Plan, contractor's method statements, and inspection and test plans
- Ensure that Project procedures are updated, and duly implemented
- Review, coordinate, and accept all contractors' deliverables as detailed in the Document Index such as quality plans, inspection and test plans, method statements, procedures, specifications, materials supplies and certification, trade tests, third party inspection etc prior to work commencing
- Ensure that the Contractors Quality Control records reflect the items in the inspection and test plan with strict adherence to identified 'hold points'
- By means of audit / inspection, ensure that contractors' staff are in receipt of the latest revision Approved for Construction (AFC) drawings, procedures, specifications, purchase orders, requisitions etc.
- Monitor and ensure that a comprehensive record of documentation and certification of work is maintained and to support a satisfactory handover of the completed works to the Client
- Develop an agreed audit schedule and perform audits on all construction contractors to ensure compliance with the Site Quality Plan, contractors' method statements and inspection and test plans
Skills / Qualifications
- Extensive background as a Quality Control Manager in an Oil and Gas or Petrochemical Construction environment
- Previous experience in a similar role on a refinery project
- Previous EPCm experience
- Brownfield and shutdown experience preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.