Skills: Construction Superintendent, Electrical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lysekil, Västra Götaland County, Sweden
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Electrical Construction Supervisor with extensive experience in the oil and gas or petrochemical industry to work on a Fixed term contract at site on our refinery project in Sweden. The project consists of revamping the existing unit including other necessary modifications to produce diesel out of a mixture of renewables.
The ideal candidate will be part of the Site Construction Team and will report directly to the Construction Manager - Electrical leading Project construction completion and will be responsible to manage and maintain mutually beneficial working relationships with Contractors, Client, and subordinates.
This role is suitable for an electrically experienced individual who is looking to further develop their career in construction supervision and management.
- Expediting completion of construction activities working with construction leads, QC Inspectors, contractors and Client
- Undertake field assessment of ongoing work and progress achieved
- Carry out construction feasibility, method studies and hazard analysis whilst establishing, in conjunction with planning group, realistic schedules for construction activities
- Prepare red-line mark up drawings as part of the as-built process
- Assign and supervise electrical trades to work safely and productively, ensure plant and materials ae considered and available to support the work
- Coordinate work completion and inspection by both Wood and Client QC, leading construction work preparation kick off meetings
- Lead daily tool-box talks and support the weekly HSSE programme of assessment and inspection, promoting a positive HSSE culture
- Liaise with field staff on construction engineering matters
- Control of materials at site
Skills / Qualifications
- Electrical background, apprenticeship, college or similar
- Previous experience in a similar role on a refinery project
- Previous EPCm experience
- Brownfield and shutdown experience preferred
- Hands on experience of planning construction logistics and execution
- Hands on experience of constructability and hazard identification
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.