Lysekil, Västra Götaland County, Sweden
Lysekil, Västra Götaland County, Sweden
Skills: Painting / Coating / Blasting, Rigging / Scaffolding
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lysekil, Västra Götaland County, Sweden
Wood is currently recruiting for a Scaffolding Insulation and Painting
(SIP) Supervisor with extensive experience in the oil and gas or petrochemical industry to work on a Fixed term contract at site on our refinery project in Sweden. The project consists of revamping the existing unit including other necessary modifications to produce diesel out of a mixture of renewables.
The SIP Supervisor will represent Wood on a client site to ensure the construction contractors' activities comply with all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) policy, site regulations, permit to work procedures and Client requirements.
- Ensure that all SIP construction contractors' supervision and manpower are instructed in and comply with all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) policy, site regulations, permit to work procedures and instructions and Client requirements
- Ensure that SIP construction contractors working within the discipline adhere strictly to the latest Approved for Construction (AFC) project drawings, Specifications, ITP's, Procedures and Site Instructions
- Responsible for the HSES, and quality aspects of the work within assigned areas and for ensuring construction contractors complete their work in accordance with the project schedule
- Review and monitor the availability of drawings, specifications, job instructions, material deliveries and tools applicable to the particular discipline and area of work
- In conjunction with the contractors' supervision, planning engineers, and the Construction Engineer, develop detailed daily and weekly work plans in accordance with the overall planning schedule
- Inform the Discipline Superintendent on specific areas where the programme needs to be adjusted in accordance with site conditions and material deliveries
- Responsible for monitoring the discipline and timekeeping of contractors' staff and labour in a defined work area, identifying any disciplinary action required, and informing the relevant Discipline Superintendent
Skills / Qualifications
- Previous experience in a similar role on a refinery project
- Extensive track record managing SIP Construction activities within Oil & Gas or Petrochemical sector
- Previous EPCm experience
- Brownfield and shutdown experience preferred
- Considerable experience of supervising Construction staff to achieve effective construction execution
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.