Skills: Electrical Engineering, Electrical Technician, Electrician
Other Skills: COMPEX, Hazardous area equipment, SCADA, MMI
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Hydrasun is a recognised market leader in the provision of integrated fluid transfer, power and control solutions. We are focused on supporting the energy transition through our work in the oil and gas, renewable energy, general industrial and marine industries worldwide.
We are recruiting for an experienced Electrical Technician to work onshore at our Glasgow site. In support of Hydrasun operations and project activities, the electrical technician will be responsible for the installation, integration and maintenance of various types of electrical installations. The installation and maintenance of electrical power equipment, motor and motor control circuits also forms a key part of the job including the installation of strut support structures and cable containment systems.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical knowledge of electrical, process control and systems engineering with a comprehensive understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems together with a good understanding of mechanical engineering principals. The will also demonstrate previous experience, sound knowledge and understanding of low and medium voltage systems, AC/DC motor drives, along with knowledge of SCADA/MMI systems.
Essential Experience, Qualifications and Competencies
- HNC in electrical engineering
- COMPEX (01 - 04) Gas & Vapours
- C & G 2382-18 (IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition)
- Relevant, previous experience of working with hazardous area equipment environment.
- Experience of carrying out installation, commissioning, and maintenance of Electrical systems
- Completion of test documentation packs.
- Experienced in the installation and commissioning of low and medium voltage systems, AC/DC motor drives, PLC, along with knowledge of SCADA/MMI systems.
- MS Excel, Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational and administration skills
- Ability to maintain a professional and focused approach at all times, in particular, in customer facing situations
- Keen and effective attention to detail
Desirable Experience, Qualifications and Competencies
- HND in electrical engineering
- COMPEX (07 & 08) Fuel Forecourts
- Experience working in an Oil and Gas Service Company environment.
- Experience in renewable energy market.
- Knowledge of materials and processes used within Offshore/Onshore oil and gas and Marine operations
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Installation of electrical equipment to IEC60079-14.
- Inspection and testing of equipment to IEC60079-17 including the production of red-line marked as-built documentation and test records.
- Service and repair all equipment to IEC60079-19.
- Programming, fault finding and commissioning PLC control systems.
- Electrical fault diagnosis and rectification.
- Commissioning of electrical installations to applicable procedures and standards.
- QA responsibilities and signing off certificates.
- Make a proactive contribution to the successful implementation and maintenance of Health, Safety & Environmental policies and processes.
- Make a proactive contribution to the successful implementation and maintenance of the Quality Management System.
- Ensure client project/work scopes are completed in line with Company/Client Agreed procedures
- Mobilisation to client sites when required to carry out electrical installation and commissioning & maintenance activities.
- To be responsible for knowing and understanding the Integrity Management Department targets and objectives
- To carry out all the relevant administrative duties including test reports and as built drawings.
- To keep any filing/admin/databases up to date.
- To adopt a "no surprises rule" and to ensure delivery against agreed objectives and targets.
Continuous Improvement/Personal Development
- To be responsible for knowing and understanding your company targets and objectives.
- To be responsible for understanding, agreeing and achieving personal objectives set by Line Manager.
- To adhere to the procedures as detailed in the HSE Management System and Quality Management System.
- To adhere to the procedures as laid down by the Human Resource Management System and to take an active part in the Performance Management Process and the Competence and Training Programme.
- To complete timesheets, where required, on a timely basis.
- To put forward any suggestions for improvements.
- To attend formal Team Briefings when requested in your own time.
- To be a team member and actively promote communication and information sharing.
Hydrasun is a leading specialist provider of integrated fluid transfer, power and control solutions to the energy industries, successfully delivering flexible hose, integrated instrumentation products, umbilical solutions and integrity management services worldwide.
Our product and service offering is driven by customer requirements to continuously improve safety, quality, technical integrity, reliability, environmental awareness and value for money. Through our established global network of operational bases and partnerships we offer:
•Umbilicals & Subsea Connectors
•Hydraulic Power & Control
•Instrumentation & Process Control
•Engineering & Technical Support
Hydrasun currently exports to around 60 countries, which has included developing significant sales in countries such as Angola, Brazil and USA. The company has international operational bases established in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, UAE, Brazil and The Netherlands as well as a further presence in West Africa and the US Gulf of Mexico.
The company’s global staff numbers have increased by around 100 in the past year to a total workforce of nearly 600 currently.
Hydrasun was recently awarded the coveted Overall Global Business of the Year at the Northern Star Business Awards 2012, along with awards for Achievement in International Business and Outstanding Contribution to Society.