Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Project Engineer, Rotating Equipment
Other Skills: Compressor Systems
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Hydrasun is a recognised market leader in the provision of integrated fluid transfer, power and control solutions. We are focused on supporting the energy transition through our work in the oil and gas, renewable energy, general industrial and marine industries worldwide.
We are recruiting for an experienced Senior / Principal Mechanical Engineer for our Glasgow office to manage and support the mechanical engineering requirements for Hydrasun projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all project requirements are delivered, technically fit for purpose and in compliance with relevant legislations, standards, and industry guidelines. They will be responsible for the engineering and the design piping aspects of projects, carrying out the necessary engineering design / specifications, generating scope of requirements for packages and dealing vendor package suppliers.
The successful candidate is expected to take an active part in the growing Energy Renewable (Hydrogen) sector of Hydrasun.
This role may require intermittent travel to project sites for occasional meetings and surveys.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a similar role at a senior or principal engineer level, with experience in compressor systems specifically.
- BEng degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Achieved Chartered Status
- Knowledge of rotating and static equipment
- Experience in different compressor types and compressor systems, specifically at high pressures (above 200 bar)
- Knowledge in the application of international codes and standards (ASME, PD5500, BS EN, API, etc)
- Knowledge of gas handling and transfer projects
- Working within a relevant/comparable engineering environment
- Project engineering/management of work packages
- Compiling project documentation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational and administration skills
- Ability to maintain a professional and focused approach at all times, particularly in customer facing situations
- Keen to develop personal knowledge and skills
- Experience in the Oil & Gas market or other related chemical process sectors
- New Product Development
- Renewable / Hydrogen Industry experience
- Design of gas compression systems
- Innovation process development
- Active participation in engineering reviews
- Ability to do stress and strain calculations.
- Knowledge of materials and processes used within the Hydrogen industry
- CAD capability
Duties include but will not be limited to:
- Responsible for all engineering activities associated with mechanical components, both rotating and static, which shall be reviewed and approved accordingly. This also includes, but is not limited to, documentation such as specifications, procedures, calculations, reports, drawings, etc.
- Responsible and accountable for remaining within design budget (man hours and materials) and other design targets of optimising final cost and schedule to assigned work scope.
- Responsible for ensuring all items are designed, manufactured, assembled and commissioned and are fit for purpose.
- Identify and supervise all technical resources needed to complete assigned work scope. Assign and co-ordinate scopes of work, review work done and ensure each resource stays within assigned schedule and cost targets.
- Responsible for all activities pertaining to the assigned work scope, as set by the Lead Engineer. This includes but is not limited to conceptual design and layouts; design, fabrication and test activities; design packages/procedures preparation; approval of Scope of Work for 3rd Party Services; and approval of mobilisation plans and procedures.
- Supervise and be responsible for activities assigned to 3rd Party contractors within assigned work scope. This includes but is not limited to prepare Scope of Work; issue ITT and participate in vendor selection process; arrange or perform site supervision when required; review and approval of deliverables; compliance with project targets; and full management of subcontracts.
- Responsible for onsite activities, when required, relevant to assigned work scope under their responsibility as defined by the Lead Engineer / Project Manager.
- Responsible for keeping a log of all 'lessons learned"
- Ensure that the Project Manager is provided with adequate schedule, equipment and cost information to enable correct and accurate preparation of project status for the task under their responsibility.
- Responsible for ensuring all relevant information of subcontractors, equipment and tooling for the assigned work scope is given to the Lead Engineer, QHSE and Fabrication, Inspection & Mobilisation Departments to enable adequate Quality Control to be performed on them.
- Ensure that Graduate / Project Engineers under their control are fully aware of the Company's safety objectives and that they are familiar with the HSE section of the Document Management System.
- Responsible for initiating actions to prevent non-conforming condition or product. Initiating, recommending or providing solutions to non-conformances. Verifying the implementation of corrective action and ensuring that these have been effective and controlling further work until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected and the root cause resolved.
- Review and be familiar with Engineering & Operation Department specifications, design drawing procedures and conform to the Company's Document Management System, the specific requirements of the Client and other governmental and/or statutory bodies.
- Become familiar with and to maintain awareness of Hydrasun's current requirements and where applicable, the latest Industry Codes and Standards including statutory rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in a manner consistent with Hydrasun's policy on health, safety, quality and environmental matters in accordance with Hydrasun specific procedures.
- Ensure his/ her own safety and that of others is not compromised or placed at risk
Hydrasun is a leading specialist provider of integrated fluid transfer, power and control solutions to the energy industries, successfully delivering flexible hose, integrated instrumentation products, umbilical solutions and integrity management services worldwide.
Our product and service offering is driven by customer requirements to continuously improve safety, quality, technical integrity, reliability, environmental awareness and value for money. Through our established global network of operational bases and partnerships we offer:
•Umbilicals & Subsea Connectors
•Hydraulic Power & Control
•Instrumentation & Process Control
•Engineering & Technical Support
Hydrasun currently exports to around 60 countries, which has included developing significant sales in countries such as Angola, Brazil and USA. The company has international operational bases established in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, UAE, Brazil and The Netherlands as well as a further presence in West Africa and the US Gulf of Mexico.
The company’s global staff numbers have increased by around 100 in the past year to a total workforce of nearly 600 currently.
Hydrasun was recently awarded the coveted Overall Global Business of the Year at the Northern Star Business Awards 2012, along with awards for Achievement in International Business and Outstanding Contribution to Society.