Skills: Project Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a E&I Project Engineer for a 12 month contract position, located in Aberdeen.
This role is required to manage multi-discipline scopes of work for CNS assets. Responsible for the delivery of numerous modifications such as reinstatement of Methanol to the field. replacement wellhead HPU, conductor tensioner control system, GT control system, UPS systems, new sewage tank, and decommissioning studies (all Harding).
- Interfaces closely with project sponsors e.g. Asset Managers, Hub Superintendents, Technical Authorities, Integrity Engineers and Appraisal teams.
- Responsible for ensuring that all modifications are carried out through the management of change procedure and progress recorded in the EMoC system.
- Prepares work scope estimates and accompanying Scopes of Works and presents for approval to appropriate members of the leadership team.
- Provides support in the areas of feasibility, scope definition, cost and schedule
- Works closely with Technical Authorities and ensures engineering aspects of modifications are risk assessed, managed and appropriately captured in engineering and related documentation.
- Ensures robust risk assessments are undertaken on projects and plans with mitigation put in place to minimise risk to modification delivery in terms of safety, cost and schedule.
- Ensures projects and modifications are defined to the required level of detail prior to being issued to the engineering delivery function for scoping, estimating, planning and execution.
- Raise and ensure approval of AFEs for each stage of the work prior to start of work.
- Ensures activities are in line with business requirements and technical assurance standards.
- Coordinates support to the engineering delivery team/contractor from other areas of business as required.
- Key point of contact for onshore and offshore support required from other groups to execute modifications.
- Ensures lessons learned from modifications are captured on completion of activities and recorded in the lessons learned database.
- E&I background
- Willingness to travel offshore
- Good leadership skills with the ability to plan and manage resources to deliver results
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of professional and personal credibility - internally and externally
- IT literate: Applicable database/s, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) to intermediate level