Posted: Sep 03, 2021
Posted: Sep 03, 2021
Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Reports to: Engineering and Maintenance Manager
Location: Port Arthur, TX
The Process Engineering II is responsible for ensuring all technical aspects, developing and implementing engineered solutions, and instituting technical monitoring procedures for assigned account(s). The overall focus should be on technically analyzing current applications, making recommendations for improvement, Identifying and delivering value, to exceed customer expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safely perform job responsibilities, including the operation/maintenance of the company provided vehicle and compliance with all Athlon and customer site-specific safety policies.
- Perform technical audits of current and potential applications.
- Analyze customer laboratory data and report findings with corrective actions and recommendations.
- Generate and document value improvement in the form of operational savings, chemical savings and cost avoidance. Present all findings, recommendations and corrective actions to the customer in clear, customer financial terms.
- Manage projects from conception to implementation.
- Conduct engineering heat exchanger performance monitoring on all cooling water systems at customer site, analyze data and recommend corrective actions.
- Lead detailed technical meetings with customer involving refinery operation and optimization projects.
- Focus on customer retention and improving customer relationships through effective business calls and entertainment at all levels of the customer's organization.
- Generate value to the customer through business consulting to customer's key management by developing a thorough understanding of customer's business, strategy and operational issues.
- Assist the technical group by providing ongoing information regarding customer trends, issues and requests related to products and their application.
- Contribute to the territory's team development by mentoring field and technical representatives.
- Complete required Athlon Solutions training and documentation on time.
- Bachelor's degree Chemical Engineering preferred.
- 5-10 years of relevant water treatment or utilities experience.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Good presentation skills
- Proficiency with MS Office products- Excel, Pi, Word, PowerPoint
- Able to pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) background check.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available from Process Engineer II, Sr, Process Engineer up to a Principal Process Engineer.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Port Arthur, Texas
Requisition Number: 103596
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Multi-Chem
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.