Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Under broad direction, this is a technical operational role that is accountable for the reliability and stability of the Halliburton global network infrastructure. The role performs complex network deployments, installations, upgrades and patches following established guidelines and change management processes and procedures. Employees in this role are recognized as technical experts for the networks and systems that they support. Performs advanced network tuning and troubleshooting as required along with technical consulting services to other support groups and PSLs. Serves as a technical resource for the regional network teams and provides the necessary technical guidance and advanced training on new technologies. Performs own work and provides assistance to others as directed. Consults with the IT architecture team on a continuing basis to ensure technical architectural standards meet operational needs. Completion of an undergraduate degree in a IT/Telecommunications discipline required and 10 years experience in a complex network environment.
- Maintains the stability and reliability of the global networks and provide the necessary troubleshooting for all escalated operational issues.
- Maximizes network performance by proactively identifying and resolving system performance affecting issues in the voice and data network.
- Works with satellite communications with OT networks and segregation from IT.
- Provides problem analysis and solutions for complex IT network and related system issues and challenges. Has strong problems solving skills.
- Possess experience in AWS and Azure along with other public cloud service providers and networking between these providers.
- Experienced in design and support of large-scale data centers and remote sites
- Good working knowledge on networking solutions to support a hybrid cloud strategy
- Experienced in VPN technologies
Specialty technologies used
- Cisco - Routers, switches, wireless devices
- SDWAN - Manage implementation of Software Defined networking
- Routing / Networking - MPLS, BGP, OSPF, TCP/IP, IPSEC, QOS
- Voice and Teams - Understand the protocols for voice and video using MS Teams
- Firewall and Proxy - Can troubleshoot connections related to firewall or proxy issues.
- Network Monitoring : - CA Netqos, HP Network Node Manager, Packet capture tools
- ISE & Prime toolset experience
Training and Certification
- Cisco Certifications: CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP (CCIE highly desirable).
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 104816
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Information Technology
Product Service Line: Information Technology
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.