Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Alabang, Philippines
Amec Foster Wheeler is recruiting a Structural Designer to join our team in Brunei. The project will run over a five-year period with a possible two-year extension. Amec Foster Wheeler has many years of experience in carrying such projects all over the world and it is our intention to bring our world-class systems to this project.
Successful applicants will be responsible for the execution and delivery of the Structural Design. This will include the use of relevant software such as PDMS, preparing fabrication and installation drawings. All design work will be carried out in a 3D CAD environment. This is an end to end rejuvenation scope and as such, will involve interfacing with other disciplines like, planning, construction, procurement, HVEC and client operations.
You will be expected to work in a multidiscipline team environment where the overall success of the project is paramount. Amec Foster Wheeler is looking at a right first time approach and as such, we are looking for candidates who can rise to a challenge and are interested in being part of an innovative and driven team.
- Execute all structural engineering activities
- Maintain technical integrity
- Deliver and support a strong HSE culture
- Work within budget and schedule limits
- Assist other disciplines to achieve their goals
- Support management where required
- Participate in relevant meetings, HAZID, design reviews, model review, PEER reviews, etc.
- Take full cognizance of Health, Safety and Environmental issues
- Liaise and interact with other disciplines to ensure overall project goals are met
- Advise management of variations in a timely manner
- Utilize suitable technology to increase efficiency
- Ensure all work reflects the context of a brownfield rejuvenation project
- Support the Lead Structural Engineer supervising younger Designers & Draftsmen
- Ensure all deliverables are aligned with company and client procedures and national standards
- Keep up to date with latest procedures, client requirements and legislation
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant qualification in draughting
- Conversant with relevant international standards and Codes or Practice
- 7 years' experience of which 5 years must be related to the offshore oil and gas industry
- Minimum of 2 years working in a multi-discipline team environment
- Experience using 3D CAD
- Brownfield rejuvenation
- Experience with AVEVA systems, especially PDMS
- Worked in an EPC environment
- Working knowledge of Shell's DEPs
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.