Skills: Construction Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Wood has a career opportunity for a Construction Manager to join our Albuquerque, NM team. This is a full time, ongoing position. Will initially support a ground stabilization project in Carlsbad, NM for approximately 6 months.
The Carlsbad Brine Well Remediation Project is an innovative partnership with the State of New Mexico Department of Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department to stabilize a historical brine well and solution cavity to protect public safety, adjacent critical infrastructure and State highway transportation corridors.
Wood PLC is a consulting firm with 40,000 professionals, across 60 countries, and are one of the world's leading consulting and engineering companies operating across Energy and the Built Environment. This position will be based out of our Albuquerque, NM office, but all work for this assignment will be conducted in Carlsbad, NM. The project will have 24/7 operation, and staff will work 12-hour shifts with a one week on, one week off schedule. Field staff will work a total of approximately 90 hours every 2 weeks. Housing, site vehicle and per diem for the week on period will be provided in Carlsbad. Allowance for some weekly travel time and expense to and from Carlsbad are provided. A total of four construction managers will be assigned to support 24/7 operations.
- The Construction Manager has full responsibility for construction tasks including construction safety, subcontractor coordination, and scheduling.
- Establish a safety-first culture.
- Review, and interpret plans, specifications, and other construction documents for constructability, site access, and recommend changes to maximize the ultimate success of the project.
- Chair daily construction meetings and provide written daily construction progress summaries.
- Resolve unforeseen site conditions, unplanned interferences, contract discrepancies, and other construction conflict problems and disputes between contractors, site staff, inspectors, project manager.
- Monitor construction progress and costs; take corrective action as required to manage both schedule and budget.
- Track subcontractor hours, material deliveries and subcontractor downtime to support subcontractor invoice review and change order negotiation.
- Evaluate, approve, and process the contractors request for payment.
- Maintain project documentation files.
- Will be on site to observe construction work in progress.
- Provide guidance and direction as needed to the on-site project staff.
- Respond to questions and concerns and ensure that all complaints from site owners and the stakeholders are handled promptly and properly.
- Manage the project close out phase, including certificate of substantial completion, punchlist, and receipt of as-builts, warrantees, and manuals.
- Use word processing, spreadsheet, database, and scheduling software applications to prepare correspondence, reports, schedule, and other documents related to the project.
- Provide continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality, seamless customer service.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in construction management, engineering or related field desired but not required.
- Minimum 10 years experience in construction at existing and new facilities
- Must be comfortable in both professional office and field work environments.
- Proficient in MS Word / Excel / Outlook and project scheduling tools.
- Possess an extensive understanding of construction standards and practices.
- Skill in construction document handling and administration.
- Skill in organizing and managing cost estimating, bidding, and scheduling procedures.
- Skill in documenting and assessing field conditions, RFI's and change orders.
- Ability to track and manage job costs and implement steps to maximize profit.
- Able to create and aggressively manage construction schedules.
- Able to solve complex problems associated with the management of costs and schedules.
- Able to manage sub-contractors and manpower and delegate tasks to complete goals, objectives and schedules.
- Skilled in client relations and customer service.
- Basic understanding of fundamental cost accounting practices.
- Excellent listening, communication and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
- Flexibility to travel to construction sites for extended periods and work outside of normal business hours.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.