Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a HSE Coordinator with extensive experience in the construction industry to work on a project in Southeast, NM.
You must be able to plan, develop, implement, and coordinate programs to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths, and financial losses.
- Identifies and appraises conditions which could produce accidents and financial losses and evaluates potential extent of injuries resulting from accidents
- Conduct or direct research studies to identify hazards and evaluate loss producing potential of given system, operation or process
- Develops accident prevention and loss control systems and programs from incorporations into operational policies of organization
- Coordinates safety activities of unit managers to insure implementation of safety activities through organization
- Compiles, analyzes, and interprets statistical data related to exposure factors concerning occupational illnesses and accidents and prepares reports for information of personnel concerned
- Maintains liaison with outside organizations, such as customer committees, safety councils, insurance companies, and professional associations to assure information exchange and mutual assistance
- Devise methods to evaluate safety programs and conduct or direct evaluations
- Evaluates technical and scientific publications concerned with safety management and participates in activities of related professional organizations to update knowledge of safety program developments
- Direct and implement the contraband interdiction program
- Manage and coordinate the corporate insurance programs
- Process and coordinate lawsuits, answer interrogatories, attend court proceedings and worker compensation hearings
- Develop and implement safety training programs for employees, supervisors, and safety personnel
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the job
- Recognize various materials used in piping systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, fork lifts, and company trucks
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices
- Identify, explain and perform crane hand signals
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years HSSE supervisory/coordinator experience on large construction projects.
- Current OSHA 510 certification
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification is preferred
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent and be computer literate.
- Must have current CPR/AED and Advance First Aid Qualification. (Prefer EMT experience).
- Prefer Associate Degree in Health & Safety sciences but not required; Technical writing a plus.
- Experience in administering training in HSE topics (i.e. Forklift, excavations, Crane & Rigging, Fall Protection etc.)
- Have OSHA 30 as minimum (OSHA 510 prefer)
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.