Skills: Workover or Completion
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
HCT Australasia are looking for an independent engineer (current TP or just promoted STP) who has experience with Sand Control (specifically OHGP with shunt screens) equipment and job design/execution for primarily offshore (deepwater,subsea) operations and good overall HCT knowledge to act as engineering support for all Australasia operations.
Position is to be able to prepare and execute sand control jobs sold by BD. Order service related equipment, create SAMS/JT using eCompletions, manage project/well based workshop builds, load outs, draft/refine Design of Service Well Site Instructions, run jobs on location (preferably as lead hand), as well as interaction with customers to plan jobs. The right person would probably transition into a project/desk engineer role within 1-2 years.
Under broad direction, provides Completion, Products & Services (CPS) job design, well support, and post job analysis to customers in designated area.Develops and maintains personal relationships with the technical customer base. Provides technical support on location as required by the customer or PSL. Interprets well site data in real time using complex technologies such as software simulators and the latest electrical and mechanical equipment, calculations, and modeling. Solve on the spot issues remotely and occasionally at the well site. Assignments require sufficient professional experience to assure competence as a fully trained professional. Must be able to work independently. Functions as a communications link between customer, Business Development and Operations. Develop and mentor Associate Technical Professionals and Technical Professionals. Undergraduate degree required - acceptable degrees are: all engineering, Engineering Technology, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, & Chemistry with 3 yrs industry experience. Certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer is preferred.
Under broad direction, utilizes subject matter expertise and established client relationships to sell and execute Company products and services and achieve maximum profitability and market penetration/share.
Matches the Company's technical, commercial and operational capabilities to customer needs through developing a clear understanding of customer's business & technical issues and drivers and effective delivery of technical sales presentations and personal working relationships.
Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating engineering efforts and implementing best practices/actions in the delivery of Halliburton Completion Tools (HCT), primarily Sand Control and related pre-completion sub-PSL products and services. Provides job design, well support, and pre and post job analysis to customers in designated area. Plays an active role in supporting Business Development in the business planning process.
Assists Sand Control Sub-PSL in achieving the desired PSL strategy and business plan. Interfaces with business development and operations on strategic and tactical issues. Provides job design, pre-job and on location technical and operational support, and pre and post job analysis to external and internal customers in designated area. Develops and maintains personal relationships with the technical customer base. Provides technical support on location as required by the customer or PSL.
Assignments require sufficient professional experience to assure competence as a fully trained professional. Must be able to work independently. Responsible for company assets on location. Assures that adequate supplies and equipment are present at well site at all times. Offers advice on equipment capabilities.
Job role directly create value via personal relationships. Skills typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in engineering, or similar disciplines and 3-8 year of related experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focal point for technical enquiries
- Assist in execution of commercial proposals sold to customers by BD
- Administer dedicated customer contracts relating to Sand Control projects, track equipment deliveries, ensure running/pulling tools are correctly maintained
- Matches the Company's technical, commercial and operational capabilities to customer needs through developing a clear understanding of customer's business and technical issues and drivers and effective delivery of technical/sales presentations and personal relationships
- Assist BD personnel Calls on assigned and non-assigned accounts to effectively promote and sell the Company's products and services
- Continuously communicate with Business Development and Account Leaders in order to identify, track and close business opportunities
- Gathers and communicates intelligence on competitors and customer strategies
- Being on call as an technical focal point for field operations and SIT as applicable
- Technology development if required
- Work with BD and Operations to develop Designs of Service, conduct planning for upcoming jobs
- Liaise directly with manufacturing and client regarding tracking on manufacturing orders, receipt and assembly of equipment
- As required, creating and revising Sub Assembly Measuring Sheets and Job Travelers for operations/workshop use.
- Following up on enquiries from client/other parties to schedule and ensure smooth interface in preparation phase
- Leading/attending client specific DWOPs, CWOPs, equipment meetings, any HSE training/inductions, reviewing and implementing global best practices to operations, etc.
- Assisting client Completion Supervisors with equipment queries/clarifications plus working with any applicable client appointed TPIs to provide overview/education of Halliburton's processes/system/quality assurance activities/etc.
- As required, preparing Load Out documentation (load out list, JSAs, MSDSs, equipment certification, technical manual, etc. over and above the job travelers/doc pack for each sub assembly).
- Adhere to internal processes and procedures - mentor less experienced employees on these processes.
- Run equipment on client locations as required
- Investigate and report on problem jobs/issues as needed
- Report to management, financial status of current projects
- Work to continually improve receivables.
Education, Professional Licensure, and Experience: (Job requirements are normally attained by)
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering or Geological discipline or equivalent or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Minimum 3-8 years of direct/related experience.
Role is on national payroll (not an expatriate role) and Perth, WA (Jandakot facility) based. Role involves field work.
- Experience with 9 5/8" x 6" OHGP tool systems (such as 12HPT600069-S), able to troubleshoot tool operation onshore and offshore. Able to use Wellplan for Torque and Drag modelling.
- There will also be a requirement to support offshore (platform and sub-sea) projects Australia wide involving equipment such as SP/NE TRSVs, FS2/LV4, Opsis gauges, AHC/XHHC packers, VCH packers set using HPT/PO tools and associated flow control equipment.
- Ability to liaise with local vendors (such as NDE services, local machine shops, third party services) to meet customer project requirements.
- Comprehensive knowledge of customer quotation and invoicing process.
- Experience with BVT (FS2, LV4), Intelligent Completions (ICV, feedthrough packers), C&I Intervention tools, SP/NE exercise and lockout tools would be an advantage.
- Experience with BD tools such as GQS, Rubi is a 'nice to have'
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
15 Marriott Road, Perth, Western Australia, 6164, Australia
Requisition Number: 106057
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Completion Tools
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.