Skills: Project Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Christmas Hills, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting a Senior Project Engineer to join our team at Melbourne Water located at Winneke Treatment Plant in Christmas Hills or Brooklyn Pumping Station in Brooklyn. We are looking for a degree qualified Instrumentation & Electrical (I&E) Project Engineer to manage and engineer multi-discipline projects from front end, detailed design, construction, commissioning, hand-over, within schedule and cost to an acceptable quality.
- Develop scope of work including risk register, budget estimate and implementation strategy for approval
- Develop the project plan, resources levelling and recommended schedule contingency
- Review project documentation and provide feedback to colleagues
- Compile work packs for the execution of construction and commissioning works
- Support sourcing and initiate procurement of all required goods and services to achieve project objectives
- Ensure correct procedures and specifications are in place for the project or programme of projects
- Ensure adequate supervision to subcontract and Wood personnel for the performance of construction and commissioning works
- Participate in the selection of subcontractor resources where required.
- Meet KPI's for assigned projects including safety, cost control and environmental performance
- Coordinate and manage all project related communication including reporting on any deviation from the project baseline schedules to relevant stakeholders
Skills / Qualifications
- Successful candidate must be able to manage multiple scope works, administer/control construction works and lead/champion project HSE requirements
- Extensive experience in the management of water utilities projects or other relevant industries
- Practiced in project control mechanisms and with commercial and technical risk assessments
- Ability to work autonomously and deliver to deadlines
- Effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Strong site experience
- Practical problem-solving skills
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced Senior Instrumentation & Electrical Project Engineer, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.