Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Planner / Scheduler, Purchasing
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Twinsburg, Ohio, United States
The key responsibilities of the Buyer/ Planner may include the following as well as other items required to execute the role,
• Works with the sales and operations team to convert the demand plans into physical orders. Understands business trends, opportunities and how they impact the demand forecast.
• Assists in the execution and drives consistency of the SIOP process
• Analyzes incoming demand: identifies order exceptions
• Plans and schedules order timelines to be consistent with customer requirements while minimizing operating costs, inventory and shipping costs
• Works with the Product Line/Sales/Service Delivery to prioritize deliver dates as needed (push outs, pull ins)
• Performs various material management analysis such as statistical material consumption and forecasts, aged inventory, aged PO, in-transit material analysis, safety stock, etc.
• Optimize and manage inventory levels (Raw, WIP, FG, Excess, Aging WIP, slow moving, obsolete
• Maintains optimal master data in SAP
• Coordination, execution, and communication of purchase orders to external suppliers
• Develops and maintain positive supplier relationships
• Timely resolution of invoice exceptions
• Drives resolution of capacity constraints (ie: headcount, equipment, raw materials, etc
• Assists with product life cycle management for new and obsolete products to ensure they are incorporated into the SIOP process
• Assists in driving product line make to stock (MTS), make to order (MTO), configure to order (CTO) and engineer to order (ETO) standards are implemented in the SIOP process
• Drive continuous improvement through lean methodology
• Support new product development efforts
• Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics
• Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field or equivalent experience (3-5+ years' experience)
• Experience in order management, inventory optimization and management, asset utilization and management
• Intermediate knowledge of SAP and MRP functionality
• Ability to work with and influence stakeholders
• Strategic thinking with tactical execution with a sense of urgency
Desired Characteristics: Not required but additional preferred elements
• Certifications; APICS Certification
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.