Posted: Sep 01, 2021
Posted: Sep 01, 2021
Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wood has a permanent employment opportunity for a Senior Air Quality Specialist in Calgary, AB. The successful candidate will join our Environment & Regulatory division, working on a broad range of projects for various sectors in western and northern Canada.
- Develop, lead, manage and support air quality components of projects
- Possess strong working knowledge of air quality models including CALPUFF, CALINE4 and AERMOD
- Lead emission quantification/verification programs for regulatory schemes (e.g., NPRI, Alberta CCIR/TIER, AEIR, BC GHG Reporting)
- Understand and apply current and emerging environmental regulations, guidelines and best practices related to air quality and climate change
- Project management on a variety of air quality project types
- Client management, client communication and business development, including growth of Wood's current and prospective air quality services
- Preparation of proposals and work scopes related to Wood's Air Quality services
- Technical writing, report preparation and senior technical review, including QA/QC of technical documents
- Liaise and work with other technical specialists as part of multi-disciplinary project teams, including facilities and infrastructure engineers, GIS specialists, and other environmental disciplines
- Provide technical direction to staff/mentoring of staff
- Support related disciplines as needed
- Promote Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) policies, procedures, standards and guidelines in the execution of all work.
The position will require the successful candidate to have a solid technical and/or academic background, in combination with significant client, regulatory, and management experience in the consulting industry.
Skills / Qualifications
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Meteorology, Physics, Chemistry, or equivalent
- 10 to 15 years of experience, including relevant consulting experience
- Experience preparing environmental assessments / impact statements and other regulatory applications
- Project management experience, including scope and budget management, use of electronic
- Diverse industry experience, including infrastructure, manufacturing, waste management, energy, and mining projects
- Demonstrated strong technical writing skills
- Strong leadership and business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with clients
- Demonstrated a bility to lead small groups of air quality specialists and a desire to mentor staff.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.