Posted: Sep 01, 2021
Posted: Sep 01, 2021
Skills: Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Lakeland, Florida, United States
Wood is seeking a Junior Geotechnical Engineer to join our mining services team in Florida. The candidate will provide geotechnical engineering services for our mining, infrastructure, and water resources projects in the United States.
- Provide geotechnical engineering services and support Project Managers to deliver mining, infrastructure, and water resources project services to Wood's public and private sector clients.
- Projects include site investigation, dams and levees design & inspection, mining infrastructure and tailings pond design, transportation, utilities and other civil works projects
- Knowledge and experience in phosphate mining industry including clay settling area design and construction, mined land water management and reclamation, and gypsum stack design, operations and closure.
- Supervise and lead geotechnical field investigation activities
- Technical management of multi-discipline projects, coordinating project tasks, and ensuring the technical quality of deliverables
- Collaboration and participation in technical discussions with Wood project management staff
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS in Geotechnical or related Engineering Discipline
- 2 - 10 years experience in geotechnical engineering design, preferably in the water resource & mining industry
- Strong academic background and solid understanding of soil mechanics and local Florida soils and geology
- Currently registered or progressing towards registration as a PE in Florida
- Diverse experience in the following areas are highly desired:
- Earth dams and levees
- Mining (tailings management and dam design, hydraulic structures, etc.)
- Site Closure and Construction QAQC
- Stormwater/Process Water Management
- Experience with drilling, field investigations, and laboratory testing
- Good communication, report writing, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Superior time management, planning and ability to interact with clients
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency with geotechnical analysis software preferred
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.