Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an exciting opportunity for a Program Manager,
leading projects in the Food & Agri industry. Key Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications
- As a seconded member into the client's organization, integrate with the client's team, plan, execute and manage multiple projects on their behalf.
- Work in collaboration with the operations and management to contribute to the project submission process, including definition of business objectives, evaluation of projects, review of proposals and advising on project feasibility.
- Oversee multiple projects (different provinces- SK, MB and ON) to ensure successful delivery with focus on scope control, cost, schedule and quality.
- Lead teams providing integrated delivery (engineering, procurement and construction management) for brownfield industrial projects.
- Review and contribute to project estimates.
- Develop project execution plans, lead project reviews and report on project progress to the client's management team.
- Review and / or prepare project control plans including work breakdown structures, cost breakdown structures, and schedule requirements.
- Support and enforce change management processes for engineering, procurement and construction.
- Assist Project Managers in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Supervise Project Managers, Project Engineers and Construction Managers including assignment of work, approval of expenses, authorization for travel, goal setting and performance management.
- Participate in weekly project scope/cost/schedule review meetings and provide support, guidance, and advice for smooth execution of the projects.
- Support site Project Managers in compiling cost and schedule data in preparation of progress reports.
- Identify and analyze cost and schedule trends, recommending corrective action where necessary.
- Recommend solutions or recovery plans to scope/cost/schedule impact.
- Support in the development and tracking of risks and opportunities.
- Coordinate the review of Project Profit / Risk Analysis with management.
- Evaluate contractor firms and teams for suitability to provide services for delivery of services for given projects or programs.
- Regularly review the work of consultants with Project managers to assess performance and areas for improvement.
- Prepare and/or assemble periodic project reports and engineering activities summaries for the portfolio of Canadian projects.
- Have a degree in engineering or construction related field.
- 1 5 + years of experience managing large projects in the Industrial sector. Food and Agri industry experience strongly desired, but not essential.
- Experience in program management for industrial projects is strongly desired, but not essential.
- Experience with EPC and/or EPCM project delivery.
- Experience should include proven examples of the candidate's ability to lead an EPCM team to deliver project and contractual obligations on time and within budget.
- Have an advanced knowledge of project controls including scheduling, budgeting, risk management progress monitoring and forecasting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Good verbal and written communication
- Leadership and team alignment.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.