Posted: Oct 07, 2021
Posted: Oct 07, 2021
Skills: Process Control
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Pasadena, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Process Controls Engineer for a Pasadena, Texas location. The Process Controls Engineer will work as part of the Distributive Control Systems (DCS) Modernization team. The Process Controls Engineer will be the primary technical resource supporting the migration of legacy process control systems to latest technology solutions.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Must live within a reasonable commute to Clear Lake, no relocation package is available.
You will be responsible for supporting an active chemical manufacturing plant as part of the site organization.
- The process control engineer will be responsible for effectively working with the DCS Modernization project team to successfully modernize legacy process control systems to the latest technology, reliable, cyber-compliant process control solutions
- Review all control system and architectural drawings and red line to reflect the "As Found" condition in preparation for modernization projects. Work with design resources to update documentation and issue updated materials to internal and external team members assigned to support the project
- Review all control functional description documents and work with unit process control and operations personnel to ensure "As Found" documentation reflects the current state of the system. If the documentation for complex controls is inadequate, missing gaps are identified correct and issue to internal and external team members assigned to support the project
- Assemble process control system data required for the development of formal Front End Engineering Development (FEED) activities. Documents include pulling system data files, graphics, and software configuration for the manufacture and EPC assigned to complete the FEED process
- Develop technical specifications and support the development of detailed written scopes of work for hardware, software, and configuration services associated with process control projects. These documents enable FEED, detailed engineering, commissioning, and loop cut-over activities
- Review and comment on proposals submitted by suppliers to ensure all aspects are clearly understood and the project scope of work is consistent with the specification documentation. Create written strategies to close the gap on comments/clarifications and work with the team to formally close gaps with suppliers and lock in the approved scope of work
- Support the development of project estimates and support the effort throughout the project life-cycle to minimize change and manage spending in your areas of responsibility
- Collaborate with plant operations personnel to create/modify software configuration and graphics to improve the functionality of the system specifically for end-users
- Develop detailed written strategies for all loop cut-overs to standardize the work process and minimize risk during the cut-over process
- Follow Recognized And Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices (RAGAGEP) to ensure compliance with all applicable standards and Process Safety Management ISA61511 / ISA84 regulations
- Develop detailed written Functional Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) strategies and lead all testing at the manufactures or owners' facilities
- Track gaps identified during FAT / SAT and ensure successful closure of items.
- Champion implementation of alarm management and alarm rationalization activities
Support unit process control activities and other capital projects as required
- Take reasonable care of your own health & safety and of others who may be affected by you
- Co-operate with Wood's and client's HSSE requirements by following all relevant health and safety policies and practice safe work habits
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Qualifications
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering or applicable degree plan
- 10 years experience in process control in an industrial setting
- Experience with the installation of new grassroots and Modernization of legacy DCS should include significant systems with complex configuration and IO counts in the 2000 - 5000 + IO range.
- Experience with the integration of third-party systems into DCS platforms using various protocols. (PLC, SIS
- Platforms, Analyzer, Vibration Monitoring, Governor Controls, Wireless Networks, etc.)
- Experience interfacing with design and project engineering resources
- Experience with Emerson DeltaV and Honeywell Distributive Control Systems
- Good written and oral communication skills
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- The ability to work collectively with a team toward a common goal
- Experience with IT Security, Patch Management software, and systems
- Subject Matter Expert with Emerson DeltaV and Honeywell Distributive Control Systems preferred
- Experience with Advanced Process Control (APC) solutions and/or techniques a plus
- Experience with DeltaV V.14 Live graphics software a plus
- Detailed understanding of IT Security, Patch Management software, and systems preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.