Overview / Responsibilities
Wood seeks a Site Construction Manager
for an EPC industrial construction project in Ville Platte, LA. The ideal candidate will have multiple years of Heavy Industrial/ construction project experience while managing up to 12-13 supervisors in addition to (up to) 300 site personnel overall. Responsibilities:
- Providing overall management direction for a field project planning, organizing and staffing key field positions through department heads;
- Establishing project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy and contract requirements;
- Initiating and maintaining liaison with prime client and A/E contacts;
- Facilitating construction activities - monitoring/controlling construction through administrative direction of on-site Construction Managers to ensure project is built on schedule and within Budget, investigating potentially serious situations and implementing corrective measures,
- Representing company in project meetings,
- Assuming additional responsibilities as directed by Project Manager.
- Manage change management responsibilities within their control.
urrently recruiting for a Construction Manager with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. (Wrong) Skills / Qualifications
- 4 year engineering degree or equivalent experience, plus extensive (ten or more years) experience/knowledge of Heavy Industrial construction.
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities vital;
- Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
- Must be a business oriented person
- OSHA 30 certification, MSHA certification, CPR / First aid certificate
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus demonstrated ability to work across varied disciplines
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
- Ability to utilize industry related software
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to type and write. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect the project and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud. Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.