Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Wood seeks a Project Manager for our EPC construction projects. In this mission-critical role, the individual will coordinate the engineering, construction, quality, and safety activities aimed at assuring project execution from conception through to completion. Key responsibilities will involve interfacing with procurement, engineering, safety, quality, project controls and the onsite construction teams. The project manager will support the delivery of multi-disciplinary teams from pre-construction through the final closeout and hand off to O&M. This role will be project site-based in the Ville Platte, LA area
- Develop/lead the project execution philosophy, strategies and execution plans.
- Liaise closely with onsite project team members and technical/functional program support team members to ensure all aspects of project execution are on track and coordinated.
- Participate in intra-program and project teams to ensure the effective development of technical. Environmental, safety, and regulatory project deliverables.
- Project cost-management: collaborate with support and operations teams to successfully manage the planning, estimating, budgeting, financing, funding, managing, and cost controls.
- Project Quality Management: establish and support the processes and activities that determine quality policies, objectives, and responsibilities to verify successful execution.
- Project Stakeholder Management: identify all people or organizations impacted by the project, analyze stakeholder expectations and their impact on the project, and develop appropriate management strategies to effectively engage stakeholders in project decisions and execution.
- Support the Site Manager in adhering to all contract requirements.
- Support implementation of the program's formal interface management process and resolve personnel issues according to the agreed-upon escalation procedure.
- Resolve execution issues to ensure the project remains on track
- Balance cost, schedule and quality in line with project philosophy.
- Support the implementation of appropriate project controls so that real-time knowledge of project execution is available, understood and accomplished.
- Manage the scope of work and schedule of engineering resources including the external engineering contractor, internal resources and third-party interface activities and requirements.
- Conduct processes to ensure that the design meets the required/applicable codes, practices, standards, specifications and quality.
- Provide technical advice including design interpretation to operations, construction and commissioning/start-up teams.
- Client interface, interpersonal skills to build strong relationships and manage clients needs within contractual requirements.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Construction Management, Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience managing $100 million-dollar EPC Heavy Industrial level construction projects
- Ten years (minimum) of construction industry experience/knowledge of construction techniques, estimating and construction management
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills are required to prepare proposals, letters, emails, legal contracts, technical presentations, consultation, and project reporting
- Commitment to continuously act in an environmentally and socially conscientious manner to maintain the dependability, integrity, and safety of our work sites and systems
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Formal project management training
- PMP certification
- OSHA 30 certification, MSHA certification, CPR / First aid certificate
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.