We are looking for a Polymer specialist, this can be with a direct manufacturer or a secondary converter business.
For the right candidate our client can provide sponsorship or relocation packages. Our client is a world leader in their field and they don't want location being a reason that they cannot employ the best talent in the Polymers industry.
The ideal candidate will have a blended background of Engineering & Science. Job Purpose
Provide operational and technology expertise required for delivery of the operating/maintenance plan and longer term Asset Strategy. Responsible for management and implementation of process and product trial programme to deliver Business Plan. The role will cover both of the world scale polymers plants at Grangemouth. Principle Accountabilities
Qualifications, knowledge and Skills
- Lead planning and management of plant trials and delivery of new technology on the Assets, from EPT through to commercialisation, to support business/ operating plans.
- Asset Technology leader and link between Assets, Research/Technology team in Brussels and Lavera, Licensing (Asset Support Group), Product development and Technical service teams.
- Responsible for managing grade-wheels, IMS's, and transitions on asset as SPA for production planning (asset constraints and technology operating boundaries). Primary source of catalyst, process and product knowledge for Operating Teams.
- Provide monitoring and analysis of Plant KPI's/ variable cost data/ technical standards and preparation/ownership of annual variable cost budget.
- SPA for any internal quality investigations relating to asset production, technical overview and support for product testing, on-line implementation. Process approval for new product specifications. Link to QA team.
- Monitor plant operations, diagnose adverse trends, define and implement corrective actions to achieve short and long term operating performance targets. Set demand on support organisation to deliver actions in accordance with required timelines.
- Lead the investigation of operating envelope breaches, operating upsets/incidents, ensuring root cause identification and implementation of corrective actions.
- Set plant area variable cost performance targets and deliver tracking and improvement actions to hit or better budget performance. Own improvement/optimisation plan for the plant area.
- Deliver the recovery of the plant from unplanned interventions by leadership of multi-discipline execution teams.
- Chartered [Preferred] graduate chemist, chemical engineer or material scientist with 5+ years' experience in asset operations.
- Intimate Asset knowledge and proven expertise in polymer plant operating technology.
- Knowledge and experience of polyolefin products and applications would be a distinct advantage.
- Proven technical/operational troubleshooting skills and leads others in this activity.
- Strong and wise decision making skills, both within and out with area of direct expertise.
- Strong knowledge of Site/Area working practices to facilitate others to support aligned delivery of the short term operating plan.
- High level of communication skills, dealing with all levels in the organisation including multinational &multisite teams.
- Commercially aware with the ability to balance commercial drivers with technology limitations.
- High degree of IT literacy, ideally with experience of statistical analysis.
- Fluent in English
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.