Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 30 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering AGV Systems, an Oceaneering International Company, develops, implements and markets Automated Guided Vehicle Systems (AGVs), navigation hardware, and software. We offer customized and automated transport solutions to efficiently, competitively and effectively meet the ever-increasing transport demands of various industries by increasing productivity, reliability, flexibility and safety standards through innovation, expertise and robustness. Oceaneering AGV Systems has been delivering automatic guided vehicle solutions to the world's leading companies for 30 years.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs).
Duties & Responsibilities
The International Commissioning Engineer is responsible for the installation and commissioning of new Autonomous Guided Vehicle (AGV) systems at both our production facilities and our customer/supplier sites worldwide. This includes getting knowledge of the product design and manufacturing from the project team. But, also being a key factor in testing the becjicles and preparing work before going to customer site, installing the complete systems, installing/updating the software, commission the vehicles and ensuring the complete systems will work at the customer site to satisfaction of all stakeholders. The work will be closed out by training the customer and handing over the operational systems to its end-users.
The Commissioning Engineer can also be requested to support our other servies required such as maintaining our operational install base. The engineer applies his/hers electrical, mechanical and software skills to search throughout to determine the root cause of issues, and subsequently develop and implement solutions to the issues at hand.
The commissioning engineer will occasionally be requested to support Oceaneering's Hotline Helpdesk to help our customers via the remote services.
- Carry out all engineering and technical activities directed by the Project Manager at project sites.
- Act as the single point of contact at his/her assigned project sites for all engineering and technical activities.
- Perform detailed engineering and technical activities at his/her assigned project sites such as software configuration, hardware calibration, logs analysis, fault diagnostics by means of test & trials to commission the system and equipment.
- Develop and execute in conjunction with the Project Manager and Site Manager the required plans for the implementation, integration, verification and validation of the AGV System.
- Co-ordinate, plan, organize, lead and control commissioning activities directed by the Project Manager to deploy and deliver the Scope of Work as stated in contract.
- Collect, analyze and summarize operating and engineering data to configure and commission systems to comply with design parameters as stated in system requirements documentation.
- Observe and study the functioning of equipment, system operating modes and system performance results to anticipate operational problems and prepare the system towards the Final Acceptance Test.
- Review requirements, schematics and technical documentation related to the product for resolving technical problems and failures of the system at project sites.
- Facilitate and support the resolution of technical issues by providing onsite assistance to onsite or remote Subject Matter Experts from different engineering disciplines.
- Support the Project Manager and engineering teams as required with engineering reports regarding the detailed state and technical progress of the system delivery.
- Liaison with the Systems Engineers to resolve engineering or technical conflicts occurring during commissioning at project sites with root causes tracing back to the system or product design.
- Travel to project sites on repetitive schedules or (at times) short notice for resolution of technical problems and deficiencies.
- Provide advice and guidance to technical staff designated by the customer for the delivery of support and training.
- Autonomously perform repairs, maintenance, troubleshooting, and provide other services for our AGV systems and, if necessary, assist in installation or assembly work.
- Identify and come forward with improvement actions as a result of audits, inspections, defect reports, incident investigations etc. and implemented.
- Support the development and production of new products with knowledge attained from project site.
- Contribute to improve new AGV Systems, equipment and products under development.
- Support general engineering and technical activities regarding the development of equipment and product documentation.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports directly to the Service Coordinator AGV systems .
- While on assignment reports to the Project Manager and/or Site Manager.
- MBO/level 4 (Technician degree) or HBO (Bachelor of Engineering) in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic with background in the previous
- A minimum of 3-5 years of all-round experience in service or maintenance engineering or similar, preferably in maintaining mechatronic systems within production environments.
- A minimum of 5 years of all-round experience in a service/commissioning environment.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience developing or executing Verification & Validation plans.
- Proficient written and oral communications in English is essential.
- Previous experience with software tools for configuration, diagnosing and use of PLC's, controllers, actuators, sensors and embedded software devices.
- Availability to work predominantly (75% of time or more) at customer/suppliers project sites (travel will be required mainly within EU).
- Possession of an EU driver's license.
- A previously completed professional training as an electrical or mechatronics technician would be greatly advantageous.
- Skilled with Linux based scripting and environments.
- Experience with integration of software and hardware in an automation environment.
- Experience with requirements management using RDM software.
- Ability to work independently at project sites often under tight time schedules.
- Excellent written and oral communication, to collect and communicate information effectively.
- Strong analytical skills to find and solve problems independently.
- Previous work experience as team lead in organising, coordinating and guiding work activities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 Suite.
- Sufficient written and oral communications in Dutch and/or German would be greatly advantageous.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.