Skills: Chemist, Laboratory Ops / Tech
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an entry level Emission Testing Technician to perform air emission monitoring (stack testing) pursuant to Canadian and US EPA methods and procedures locally and throughout the Canada / US.
- Field testing with travel, projects ranging from 2 days to 3 weeks at a time with approximately 25% - 50% of the time on the road
- At times may be required to work long hours and/or on weekends
- Working as part of a team with supervision
- Working at heights on stack platforms, scaffolds, man-lifts, scissor lifts, etc.
- Climbing ladders is a requirement
- Working outdoors in most weather conditions (-30C to 40C, rain, snow) is required
- Chemical handling
- Equipment handling (lifting up to 50lbs required) and maintenance
- Data processing (Excel) and r eport preparation (Word and PDF)
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree or diploma in chemistry, environmental sciences or related field is a plus
- Demonstrated competance with Excel, Word and PDF software
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated work-related travel experience
- Ontario Drivers Licence
- Good driving record
- Demonstrated experience in driving a van with a trailer
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.