Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hobbs, New Mexico, United States
Looking for a career opportunity? Come join Wood as an I&E Technician in Hobbs, NM. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. The main function is to Install and maintain electrical and instrument equipment in compliance with all rules and practices.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Provides electrical, electronics, communications, and instrumentation support to maintain wells, equipment and facilities in a manner that is safe, efficient and environmentally sound.
- Maintains and optimizes SCADA communications systems and programmable logic controllers.
- Installs, troubleshoots, and maintains electrical, pneumatic, process controls and new equipment as projects dictate.
- Oversees, monitors, & witnesses: Grounding/Breaker Installation/Terminations/Continuity checks/Instrument Installation/Loop checks/System Function checks/P&ID check outs of contractor's work execution during Capital Project installation.
- Maintains high safety standards during construction and participate in the PSSR walkdown at the completion of the project.
Skills / Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience.
- Provides more technical support than administrative support.
- Typically viewed as a technical/functional specialist in discipline.
- Ability to apply extensive knowledge and experience to a wide variety of situations.
- Recommends solutions to complex problems.
- Performs major accountabilities.
- Typically acts as a lead in the technical/functional area, coordinating the work of others, but is not a supervisor.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.