Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Rotational Contractor
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Australia & Oceania
We are currently seeking experienced Electronic Technicians, for key leadership roles onboard an offshore drilling rig on the North-West Shelf, Australia.
Reporting to the Rig Maintenance Supervisor, you will supervise and support the maintenance efforts for the electrical systems which comply with regulatory and other relevant standards.
Positions available for both Senior and Assistant, based on experience.
• Provide technical support for electrical systems to ensure achievement of rig efficiency and client objectives.
• Install, maintain and repair all electrical equipment onboard the rig.
• Ensure that electrical equipment failure is kept to a minimum and within contractual limits and planned maintenance is executed on time and on budget.
• Plan and coordinate with other departments prior to any major activity such as rig moves.
• Demonstrate commitment to Company safety policies through leadership and guidance.
• Supervisor 3rd party contractors and Vendors.
• Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure that they are competent to work at their next job level.
• Ensure compliance with HSE Management system to allow for safe and efficient operations.
A key prerequisite for this role is having offshore experience on an offshore drilling rig.
Other key criteria include:
• High school diploma or equivalent. Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communication may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
• Minimum of 2 years of related offshore electronic maintenance experience.
• Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the safe operation of rig equipment
• Basic computer skills
• Valid medical and vaccination certificate for area of operation
• Current BOSIET and CA-EBS