Skills: NDT Technician, QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is recruiting for Condition Monitoring Technicians to join our Rotating Equipment and Reliability team based in Perth.
We have multiple positions currently open, including roles based in Perth metro, plus site based or a mix of both site and Perth based locations. The roles support activities across a range of clients within the Mining and Oil & Gas sectors across Western Australia. Site based rotations will vary on the particular assignment, however the following illustrate some typical roster rotations.
- 8 days on / 6 days off
- 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off
- 3 weeks on / 3 weeks off
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Manage, implement and improve vibration, lubrication and thermography based predictive maintenance programs - including on-site data collection, analysis, and determination of recommendations for rotating equipment
- Assist with RCM (Reliability Centred Maintenance) and FMECA (Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis)
- Identify opportunities to improve client plant reliability, availability and performance
- Provide support, mentoring and technical reviews for team member in predictive and preventive maintenance practices
- Execute maintenance strategies and programs for clients, seeking opportunities for improvement by using the latest in data analytics techniques
- Assist with investigations, providing technical input for equipment failures and troubleshooting projects
Our ideal candidate will:
- Work with world-class industry experts who are pushing the edge of the technology envelope
- Be a strong communicator, who readily responds to clients needs and works together with our clients toward developing / maintaining strong effective working relationships
- Be highly motivated and self-sufficient, thriving on working autonomously within a wider supportive technical team
- Demonstrate agility, resilience and flexibility while dealing with a dynamically changing environment adapting to changing clients needs and internal operational priorities
- Value working with and contributing toward collaborative, flexible and respectful team environment
Please note we can only accept applications from Australian citizens or those holding a Permanent Residency (PR) visa who do not require company sponsorship to work lawfully in Australia. Applicants must currently be residing in Western Australia.
Skills / Qualifications
It takes a range of individuals to make up a diverse and flexible technical team. In this role we are looking for:
- Minimum VCAT1 certification, VCAT2 highly regarded
- Trade certification would be ideal
- Demonstrated hands-on experience of managing and implementing predictive maintenance strategies including
- vibration analysis
- alignment and balancing (highly regarded)
- Recent industry experience in the Mining, Utilities or Oil & Gas sectors
- Experienced in the latest data analytics tools and techniques, along with a good working knowledge of a wide range of rotating and reciprocating equipment
- Familiarity with CMMS systems such as SAP, Maximo, JDE
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.