Skills: Piping Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Wood is currently seeking expressions of interest for a Lead Piping Engineer to join our team in Brisbane. Reporting to the Contract Manager, the successful applicant will be part of a busy project team delivering Oil & Gas projects for our clients.
- Key leadership role responsible for day to day supervision and coordination for the assigned project Piping / Mechanical Engineering and Piping Design teams
- Provide detailed engineering input to all design phases, including interpretation and challenge of standards
- Reviews and approves project drawings, standards, procedures and specifications
- Knowledge in pipe stress analysis and able to provide valuable input into piping layout and support arrangement to ensure code compliance
- Technical and commercial execution of the design and requisitioning in accordance with the control estimate and specific requirements of the project schedule
- Ensure a degree of supervision is maintained within the team and project that will encourage a responsive approach in delivery
- Monitor and control manhour budgets against the project plan.
- Coordination with allied disciplines in preparation and development of deliverables.
- Provide practical engineering support to the construction/commissioning phases of projects
- Takes responsibility for study, design, specification and services related to the engineering discipline
Skills / Qualifications
- Must be degree qualified with at least 15 years' experience, predominantly in the Oil & Gas and petrochemical sector
- Must be RPEQ certified and IEPNG certified would be highly regarded.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards (AS, ASME, ASTM, ANSI, API, etc.)
- Must have experience leading medium to large sized Mechanical / Piping engineering design teams
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Must have experience working with high value engineering centres and in an engineering consultant environment
- Excellent team management skills in a challenging work environment
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're a Lead Piping/Mechanical Engineer, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.