Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Coordinator, Quote to Cash, will support the Snr Co-Ordinator, Quote to Cash, and work with the regional finance teams to support the Finance, Quote to Cash ("QTC") cycle and implement the consolidation and centralization of all functions in the global QTC process. This position will be responsible for the implementation, execution, and maintenance of the Finance QTC cycle. This will include testing and utilizing automated process steps, harmonizing data for consistent processing and reporting, and identifying further opportunities to improve overall efficiency and maximizing cash flow.
- Provide guidance and support for the efficient delivery of the ongoing QTC cycle
- Ensure operational goals and objectives are met on time, every time, to drive deployment and adoption of process changes
- Embrace and look for continuous improvement with existing and new technology to attain improvement across all areas, particularly DSO, FCF & unbilled
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with business and functional groups, colleagues, customers, and advisors to ensure continued commitment to a 'best in class' global QTC cycle
- Fully support and assist the Snr Co-Ordinator with all assigned tasks particularly execution of quality billing activities to support and deliver on the QTC organizational strategy
- Actively participate in preparation of billing 'packs', and provide extended support & training to Ops teams when PIMA is deployed, to ensure timely billing per segment(s)
- Fulfil a 'hands-on' transitional billing role and optimize billing efficiency, to ensure a good handover while supporting working relationships directly between business and Billing team
- Drive QTC process improvement, inc. KPI reporting and analysis within the segment(s)
- Trouble-shoot on any issues, concerns, bottlenecks, etc. through the segment(s) billing process flow
- Analyze data and recommend areas for improvement including but not limited to billing, preparation of billing 'packs', unbilled, DSO, etc.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- This position reports to the Hemisphere Manager, Quote to Cash
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4-6 years of experience in Finance QTC functions including but not limited to Credit, Billing, Collections, Cash Application, and related finance functions
- Strong collaborator
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of PeopleSoft Financial capabilities
- Proficiency in MS suite inc. Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Experience in testing / implementing new systems, processes, and technology
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics
- Ability to embrace change, work to project deadlines, share benefits with stakeholders, and collaborate with team members to drive positive results
- Strong ability to influence and persuade with respectful assertiveness
- Strong process improvement skills
- Ability to work across functional and geographic boundaries
- Excellent verbal and written presentation and communication skills
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterised as follows: -
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace
- Work surface is stable (flat)
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally for short periods as required
Physical Activity / Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.