Skills: Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
Wood is currently searching for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer interested in playing a key role in expanding the capabilities of our geotechnical engineering group in Texas. The ideal candidate has an engineering degree, experience with Geotechnical Engineering projects for transportation, municipal, and industrial clients, and leadership skills necessary to grow staff and expand our client base. A licensed Professional Engineer in Texas is preferred. Ideally, the position would be based out of Dallas or Houston but other locations like Austin, San Antonio, or El Paso will be considered.
Our Dallas and El Paso offices have large soil/concrete/asphalt laboratories that perform construction materials and geotechnical lab analysis. Our clients generally consist of local municipalities/counties, TxDOT, and commercial clients, with project sizes range from small to multi-million dollar. Our clients use traditional design-bid-build, sole sourced geotechnical investigations through existing on-call contracts, and design-build methods.
- Provide geotechnical engineering and project management/coordination and be responsible for delivering geotechnical and geologic projects
- Manage scope, schedule, budget, within contract terms
- Develops and maintains effective client relations; leverages project experience to win follow - on work
- Identifies and pursues new opportunities to grow geotechnical engineering services
- Independently develops project proposals, and assists in preparation of large - scale proposals
- Conducts technical review of project deliverables and signs / seals deliverables as appropriate for submittal to the client
- Technical management and direction of site investigations and preparing technical reports Provides continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality, seamless customer service
- Recognizes and assists with business development opportunities
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. Civil Engineering (geotechnical engineering preferred)
- 10+ years of relevant experience in geotechnical engineering
- Experience with TxDOT and Texas based clients is preferred
- Professional Engineering Registration in Texas or the ability to obtain within 6 months
- Strong technical capability with Geotechnical related services
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships and win work
- Ability to track and manage job costs and implement steps to maximize profit
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency and attention to detail; proven track record leading and successfully completing small and large - scale projects
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- Strong oral and written communication skills; experience preparing reports that demonstrate technical knowledge
- Motivated to develop business from new and existing clients
- Proficient in Microsoft Business Suite Applications and project scheduling tools
- Flexibility to travel to project sites for extended periods and work outside of normal business hours
- Valid Texas driver's license
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.