Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Wood is growing and we have an exciting career opportunity for Water Resources Engineer with our Salt Lake City, UT team.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employees' enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career while working closely with team members, both locally and nationally . We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects, including supporting FEMA Risk MAP (Risk Mapping, Assessment and Planning) and Department of Transportation activities, both locally and nationally. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated, and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate has strong technical capabilities, is seeking challenging work, and is committed to quality.
- Will work under the supervision of a Senior Engineer/Engineering Manager supporting our hydraulics and hydrology group, both locally and nationally.
- Working as part of a project team, will contribute to the development of hydrologic and hydraulic models of open and closed systems, and perform engineering tasks such as dam breach analyses, floodplain modeling and mitigation, scour analyses and preparation of technical reports
- Modeling will be performed primarily with 1D/2D HEC-RAS, SRH-2D, EPA-SWMM, HY-8, HEC-HMS, and HEC-SSP as well as other H&H software
- Proficiently work with ArcGIS software to support modeling and mapping efforts
- Lead the completion of smaller project phases, managing team member task assignments, budgets, and progress
- Mentor junior staff in technical and non-technical skills
- Prepare technical project reports including engineering analyses, figures, tables, etc.
- Effectively communicate technical information via visual presentations, writing, and speaking
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. Civil Engineering or related engineering degree; M.S. preferred
- 4+ years of hydrology / hydraulics and water resources experience
- PE, or EIT with ability to obtain PE within 1 year of hire
- Strong in hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) analyses
- HEC-RAS experience (preferably steady and unsteady 1D, and 2D methods)
- ArcGIS experience
- Familiarity with the National Flood Insurance Program and FEMA flood insurance study regulations a plus
- Must pass drug test, background check and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.