Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Skills: Geoscience Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Wood's Saskatchewan operations have interesting and exciting seasonal opportunities for Materials Technicians to join our team in Saskatoon, SK. These entry level positions are a perfect way to gain real world experience in materials testing in both the lab and site setting.
If you are already enrolled in an Engineering or Engineering Technology program, or are seriously considering this area and have interest in soil, concrete and asphalt, then we want to hear from you. Key attributes for this role are a willingness to take on all tasks, maintain a positive attitude towards work and be able to work in a physically demanding role (lifting up to 50 lbs multiple time throughout the day).
- Maintain orderliness of laboratory
- Preparation of inspection reports and data entry
- Follow Wood's Project Review, Ethics and Safety Policies
- Field Concrete testing
- Field Compaction testing
- Lab Work
- Sieve Analysis
- Cylinder Breaking
- CSA calibrations
- Moisture Contents
Skills / Qualifications
- Current enrolment in a Geological, Construction or Civil Engineering Technology program or interest in undertaking education in these areas is preferred
- Unrestricted Class 5 Driver's License that is valid in the province of Saskatchewan with a clean drivers abstract
- Detail oriented, organized, team player and s elf-motivated
- Willing to learn
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors for long days in rough terrain, harsh elements
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to lift independently up to a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Flexible to work overtime as required
- Must have & wear CSA Safety boots while in the field
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.