Petroplan is recruiting for a Maintenance Technician to support an Industrial/Manufacturing client. Travel is around 25%.SUMMARY
Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures in industrial establishments by performing the duties below. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment
- Detects malfunctions of machines or equipment and diagnose problem or repair machine
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment
- Ability to weld stainless and regular steel
- Installs, programs, or repairs automated machinery and equipment such as robots or programmable controllers
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools
- Routine facility maintenance to include light plumbing, painting, removal and installation of fixtures, and other general items as needed
- Minor electrical trouble shooting and repairs
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have valid driver's license and good driving record
- Ability to drive forklift
- 2-4 years' experience as Industrial Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician; or equivalent combination of professional education and experience
- Must have in-depth knowledge of complex mechanical systems, industrial electricity, hydraulics and pneumatics
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence as needed in English
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent as needed for the job
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.