Posted: Aug 27, 2021
Posted: Aug 27, 2021
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Software Development, Software Specialist
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Join our quality team
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value. Our global quality team is responsible for delivering all aspects of quality for the design, development and delivery of our customer products and services.
Play a pivotal role in our business
As a data engineer, you will be responsible for defining data models as well as developing the data transformations required to populate the data model. You will work collaboratively with the immediate team and with other teams across different lines of business to lead discussions focused on data engineering best practices.
As a staff data engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering large-sized data engineering stories and tasks on time
- Helping define data engineering standards and processes that ensure data loaded into our systems is of the highest quality
- Developing and executing maintainable scripts that validate, clean, and dedupe data from back end enterprise systems
- Developing and enhancing automated data transformation tools and integrating them into continuous-integration frameworks
- Applying Agile principles and methodologies to all work
- Working with fellow team members to create and interpret data models, diagnose bugs/defects, document results and formulate solutions
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will require:
- a bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
- at least 6 years of professional data engineering or software engineering experience
- exceptional data modelling experience using RDMS technologies like PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MySQL
- strong experience creating automated scripts that transform enterprise data sets
- strong experience with ETL tools, DB performance tuning, and shell scripting
- basic experience with source control systems like GitHub or GitLab
- basic understanding of cloud providers like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns (where applicable):
- Permissive Leave - Leave can be taken as needed for vacation, illness, or personal reasons, but must be coordinated with and approved by your manager.
- Flextime - Shift or change of hours worked over the course of a working day while still working a standard-length workday/workweek.
- Remote Work - Regular responsibilities performed away from the designated business location for a portion or entirety of the arranged work hours.
- Compressed Work Week - Reduces the number of days worked over a week while still adhering to the standard hours for the full week.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their completely authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train, reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
The Good Stuff
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. However, to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we must push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.