Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood services multiple markets including Infrastructure, Process & Energy and Mining & Minerals. Wood performs consulting and EPCM services for many local and worldwide companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer-in-Training to join our Mining & Minerals business in our Vancouver, BC office. We offer a broad range of professional development and career growth opportunities and are committed to helping our staff achieve their potential. If you have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, strong technical fundamentals, and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Providing Mechanical/Piping engineering design for the construction of industrial facilities and services related to mining and mineral processing; including materials handling systems, fluid transfer systems, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, piping, air handling and other related industrial process equipment.
- Contributing to the preparation of technical specifications and engineering input to material, construction and commissioning packages.
- Material quantity take-offs
- Providing engineering technical support to the field during construction, including responding to RFIs from construction contractor, issuing Site Instructions and performing field reviews
- Supporting the development of proposals, study reports, engineering specifications, and contract documents
- Establishing good working relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduate or Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering degree (graduating in 2020 or 2021), with the ability to register with Engineers and Geoscientists BC
- Capable of developing creative yet practical solutions and is open-minded to alternative solutions.
- Willingness to travel to remote field locations on a short-term basis
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Positive attitude and ability to effectively work in a team atmosphere is imperative.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Committed to continual improvement and achieving engineering excellence
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.