Posted: Aug 27, 2021
Posted: Aug 27, 2021
Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 13 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States
The Wood Chelmsford office is seeking a motivated, junior Health & Safety Professional to support our team in Chelmsford, MA. The Chelmsford office includes a multi-disciplinary environmental, health & safety consulting team including engineers, scientists, health & safety and environmental permitting experts, and designers. WOOD offers the opportunity to work on technically challenging and innovative projects for a wide range of clients throughout the US.
- Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) compliance.
- Developing site specific EH&S compliance programs based on federal, state and local regulations, as well as, compliance with client company directives. Examples of programs include, Lockout/Tagout, Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, Confined Space Entry, Emergency Action, Fire Prevention, Exposure Control, Waste Minimization, Waste Management, Contingency Planning, etc.
- Have the ability to manage EH&S programs at client facilities serving as an EHS coordinator for various clients.
- Assist with H&S audits/inspections, and providing recommendations for corrective actions.
- Assist with H&S management systems development, including drafting of standard operating procedures, guidance documents, and training programs.
- Assist with the management of hazardous waste, including waste characterization, satellite area inspections, training, and correspondence with government agencies.
- Develop and conduct site specific EH&S training programs, including but not limited to, Hazard Communication, Lockout/Tagout, Bloodborne Pathogens, Biosafety, Fall Protection, Ladder Safety, Hazardous Waste Management, Respiratory Protection, RCRA/DOT, HAZWOPER, etc.
- Assist with industrial hygiene related projects, including personal air sampling, indoor air quality assessment, surface wipe sampling, facility decommissioning, qualitative assessments, etc.
- Be motivated, outgoing, and have the ability to interact with employees within various different industry settings.
- Conduct job safety analyses for jobs/tasks conducted within various different industry settings.
- Conduct incident investigations for clients following incidents occurring at client sites.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Health and Safety or Environmental Engineering/Science.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in the EH&S field.
- Primary knowledge in OSHA regulations, as well as knowledge of EPA, MADEP, DOT, MADPH, MADPS, MWRA, and other federal, state, and local regulations.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills. Strong organizational abilities.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency and attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites.
- Adaptability and willingness to adjust to client needs.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours, if required.
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
- BioPharma experience
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training
- Professional certification in EHS (CSP, ASP, OHST or similar)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with the ability/desire to lead tasks.
- Attention to detail.
- Self starter and fast learner.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.