Job DescriptionAre you passionate about Quality in Engineering?Do you enjoy providing a vital service to ensure successful on-site operations?Join our Turbomachinery Services Team!
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production and processing of energy. We help our customers to reduce operating costs and improve productivity. Our field services team support the on-site installation, maintenance and planning of our industry-leading products for our global customers.Partner with the best
As a Quality Field Engineer, you will be leading the onsite installation and maintenance activities. You will support our customers and cross-functional teams in the execution and management of all site quality control procedures. You will collaborate with teams to ensure the validation and implementation of site quality plans.
As a Quality Field Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Supporting project preparation to verify parts, materials, repairs and inspections executed according to Quality Control Plans
- Attending customer project management meetings as the primary point of contact to review quality matters and performance
- Managing site inspection activities with customer and third parties to perform auditing activities
- Reviewing quality reports and collecting certificates for installations of repaired and new parts to avoid discrepancies and to verify completeness
- Assisting onsite cross-functional teams to problem solve through Root Cause Analysis and in case of quality issues
- Establishing solid relationships with key functions, customers and internal teams to improve communication and project delivery
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a Master's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical preferred) and have experience in Quality Assurance / Quality Controllership
- Show good experience in a Quality role gained in an energy or oil and gas environment (or similar)
- Be well versed with interpreting NDT results and NDT methods performed during installation and maintenance activities
- Have knowledge of applying principles of ISO 9001, 14001, API, ASME/AWS standards, PED and ATEX directives
- Be skilled at communicating complex technical information to customers and teams with varying levels of technical understanding
- Have excellent command and understanding of verbal and written English and Italian
- Have an excellent awareness of Health, Safety and Environmental compliance and potential risks
- Have an EU Passport or European Work permit and be able to travel (up to 80%) internationally and to offshore facilities
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- This role is working with our customer on-site in locations across the world. When onsite, you will have the flexibility to work in line with customer working patterns.
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.