Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 75 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 17,000 team members and 380 operating locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Weatherford are hiring for a Product Line Champion in our Odessa, Texas facility. This is a hands-on, rewarding role where you will be working within a supportive, inclusive team in a fast-paced, progressive environment. Weatherford provide excellent benefits and fantastic career progressio n.
The successful candidate will be highly specialized skilled in product line technical aspects of Gas Lift. Provide technical services and support for those matters concerning designs, operations and evaluation, quality assurance and maintenance of the associated products for both routine and special applications. Liaise between divisions for packaging opportunities, provide technical support from product line to assist all PPS Geozones and other product lines.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide global technical services and application support for products and services to employees within the business unit, clients, and other business units with Weatherford.
- Assist local operations with the introduction and continued support of products/services into the market, including travelling to those locations as required
- Provide input to Product Line Management on product request / development.
- Liaison with Engineering, R&D, and Marketing on new product development.
- Ensure technical manuals are current and provide resources for enlarging the portfolio of product literature.
- Assist Product Line Management with Competency Training.
- Assist Research and Development with design validation of new products.
- Provide product training to Global Sales representatives.
- Insure SOP`s are in place or assist in writing additional ones
- Assist sales with job planning and product knowledge/availability.
- Manage and directly supervise special projects as assigned by management.
- Represent the company and product line's best interest in a professional manner at client or industry meetings. Know and understand Weatherford SRO Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Engineering degree plus 10+ years oilfield experience or equivalent
- Good managerial skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Familiarity with reading, analyzing, and interpreting common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Familiarity with software development, including Product Owner and Product Champion roles
- Good computer skills