Do you enjoy being part of a team that ensures the highest safety and quality?Do you enjoy leading a team that provides a high-quality service for our customers? Join our Oilfield Services Team!
As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Partner with the best
Drilling Services Product Performance Engineering Team is looking for a self-contained, self-motivated and structured Mechanical Engineer to join our team. This will be a unique opportunity to join a cross discipline team working with state of the art technologies in the energy development industry. The position is based in Dubai, UAE and will report into the central Drilling Services Product Performance Engineering Team Lead by the manager based in Celle, Germany, with close cooperation and alignment to the local Supply Chain / Manufacturing team in Dubai. This hands on position involves full exposure to design, development, testing, and deployment of new and improved products and components for harsh environment operations. The opportunity affords career growth and mentoring through a well-established training and development program. Our positions offer choices ensuring stability, flexibility, and mobility-both career and geographic. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
As a Mechanical Engineer - Product Performance Engineering you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Supporting and consulting of manufacturing and repair& maintenance departments concerning standard drilling & measurements tools
- Performing disposition of deviations in manufacturing, quality and assembly
- Supporting of failure root cause analysis within Supply Chain and AMO Manufacturing on standard drilling & measurement tools
- Performing failure correction and prevention through initiation and implementation of design improvements
- Performing verification and proof of increased tool and system reliability through computations and lab and field tests
- Collaborating with central Product Performance Engineering (PP ENG), Product Development Engineering (PD ENG) and Central Service Delivery (CSD) to support tool/ service delivery
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have above-average of Bachelor or Master University degree
- Hold minimum of 3 years' relevant experience and advanced technical skills including experience in CAD (3-D modelling and 2D drafting)
- Have a demonstrated advanced problem solving skills with respect to Applied Mechanics, Engineering Design, and Technology Development
- Based on close alignment to the central team in Celle, Germany international travel is required for training and cooperation
Work in a way that works for you
- Self-contained, self-motivated and structured to work within a worldwide functioning interdisciplinary team
- Have good written and verbal English skills, due to working in an international diverse working environment and strong interest in working with other cultures
- Have good communication and reporting skills, verbally and written
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.